FDNY BLDG Collapse Video

Thought this a pretty cool video and good thing for no members hurt.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wfpRO9bTfo&feature=related

Sorry about that for some reason will not play. I will remove the post.

Played for me as well - you have to click again after the first meessage - as a Civil Engineer I found the collapse unsettling (no pun intended) - looked like a planned detonation that you see from time to time on the news.  You can see the domino effect when an important structural element(s) is compromised.

Interesting: Tower Ladder is clearly in the video, but not on the rundown.  Tower Ladder 45 is on the rundown; long run from West 181st Street.  Major fire in midtown and I don't see Ladder 4 anywhere.

guitarman314 said:
I see TL146 is on the right but which 95 ft. Mack CF TL is on the left, 44 or 33? ???
  O.K., now that I saw the rundown, that tower ladder must be TL131 as they are the only 95 footer on the rundown. ::)

johnd248 said:
Interesting: Tower Ladder is clearly in the video, but not on the rundown.  Tower Ladder 45 is on the rundown; long run from West 181st Street.   Major fire in midtown and I don't see Ladder 4 anywhere.

4 truck is on the 5th alarm.

As for the units on scene in the video they may be relief units special called in after the Under Control; notice that the total collapse occurs 3 hours after the UC is given.