FDNY call signs broadcasts

Going back to those earlier days, I remember when the Bronx and Manhattan shared the same frequency - 154.25 mhz
While Staten Island was on 154.19 mhz

Back then I could monitor the FDNY in Bridgeport, Ct - 60 miles away, loud and clear.

My father, a Bridgeport firefighter, myself, and my brother used to listen in
It was the first time we ever heard such excellent, detailed reports of the type of building, fire conditions, and exposures, etc.

Going back to those earlier days, I remember when the Bronx and Manhattan shared the same frequency - 154.25 mhz
While Staten Island was on 154.19 mhz

Back then I could monitor the FDNY in Bridgeport, Ct - 60 miles away, loud and clear.

My father, a Bridgeport firefighter, myself, and my brother used to listen in
It was the first time we ever heard such excellent, detailed reports of the type of building, fire conditions, and exposures, etc.
When atmospheric conditions were good we could get them up in Massachusetts. Actually most of the summer months.

From the Regulations for the Uniformed Force:

Section 11.17.2 When preliminary reports indicate two engines and two ladder companies are operating on a 1st alarm in the Borough of Manhattan, the dispatcher shall notify the Chief of Department or the Assistant to the Chief of Department (on duty). In the Boroughs of Brooklyn and Queens, the Deputy Chief in Charge of those boroughs shall be notified when two engines and two ladder companies are reported operating on a 1st alarm.

Now who remembers a time before 10 Codes when the terms "Roger" and "Wilco" were used?

I used to listen to Brooklyn here in North Carolina back in the late 70's and 80's. Always in the summer. Also used to hear lot's of fire dept's from Long Island on low band back in the day!

Legendary dispatcher Robert Engel aka "The Beefman" started his retirement sign-off with this phrase, presumably a throw back to the old days.

Starts at about 1:30