FDNY Ferrara pumpers

How are the ferrara pumpers holding up and what are some of the problems? my department we are meeting with ferrara as a truck committee for a new engine tonight was wondering what issues they have. I am sure there is some because of the problems with the ladders and the rescues

On our recent Get Together, I know one of the issues that I could see was the small amount of space in the officers seat. Even without bunker gear on, there wasn't much room there.

Although I do think the interior where the other members rode seemed to be large enough. In fact, if a person needed to be transported on a back board, I think that could be accomplished.

We only have 3 ferrera pumpers and they are high pressure pumpers.  Engines 26 54 and 258 have them and they are small

I think e54 has had their ferrara now for over ten years, as has E26, so i guess ten years of rugged service in midtown must stand for something!!!

JT

BCR

I think it depends what cab you get I don't think they make the cab that is on those engines anymore.

All those engines are the same age.  54 should be getting their new rig soon As what they were told but you never know.  Those are 3 of a kind there are no other engine on the job like that I hope they never make that cab again it's soo small it would be good for the little rascals fire department

BCR

I think most if not all the hp pumpers are built, there was a few pictures floating around of them doing pump testing somewhere. They look like the standard seagrave 2000gpm pumpers just with a 3 stage pump, almost identical to engine 8 but with new lights and a few updates. Be interesting to see if they keep the Ferrara pumpers around as spares or dispose of them and keep just the seagraves or vice versa

nfd2004 said:
On our recent Get Together, I know one of the issues that I could see was the small amount of space in the officers seat. Even without bunker gear on, there wasn't much room there.

Although I do think the interior where the other members rode seemed to be large enough. In fact, if a person needed to be transported on a back board, I think that could be accomplished.

Sorry. Scratch that.  :-[

mofire24 said:
How are the ferrara pumpers holding up and what are some of the problems? my department we are meeting with ferrara as a truck committee for a new engine tonight was wondering what issues they have. I am sure there is some because of the problems with the ladders and the rescues

Whats a truck committee? 

JohnnyBopp said:
mofire24 said:

Whats a truck committee?

We have those ?

Has E65 got thier new engine yet, im sure i heard them on the Man freq responding with an electronic Q siren few days ago.

JT

They didn't have it as of last night.  Probably our electronic Q in the back ground since we respond with them

Cheers 4 truck. Outside of Manhattan, in Da Bronx in fact, a canadian friend of mine recently visited, and among the houses he popped into was E42 which i mentioned in my other post as being a rather active engine at the moment as far as fire activity goes. There has been mention on here referi g to the condition of the 2002 engiens, both from serving members and buffs, and he said that even though E42 is a Very proud engine indeed, thier 2002 seagrave looked like it was ready for the yard!!
Chatting to te members the rig struggles up some of the hills in thier response district, but when it needs to pump water for long periods of time.. It never fails. It may not quite look the part or go anywhere fast anymore, but the members like the rig as they kniw it inside out and hiw it works and its little quirks etc. they are not looking forewards to getting a new rig.

JT