FDNY Freqs Future

Good Evening,

Reading on other sites that NYPD is starting to implement encryption to the precincts. Seeing that NYPD is starting that trend do you think that FDNY is thinking about doing the same? I believe that the DARS channels are already encrypted, but i'm wondering if the everyday freqs will be encrypted? I know that some departments keep that stuff close to the vest. I just hope that our days of listening to FDNY aren't coming to an end.

Good Evening,

Reading on other sites that NYPD is starting to implement encryption to the precincts. Seeing that NYPD is starting that trend do you think that FDNY is thinking about doing the same? I believe that the DARS channels are already encrypted, but i'm wondering if the everyday freqs will be encrypted? I know that some departments keep that stuff close to the vest. I just hope that our days of listening to FDNY aren't coming to an end.
Sadly the channels are there already…. I think we all have some time as they are still waiting for every rig to get the new radios…. The radio shops has thousands of new radios ready tho…

Sadly the channels are there already…. I think we all have some time as they are still waiting for every rig to get the new radios…. The radio shops has thousands of new radios ready tho…
That's too bad. Do we have a timeframe is it going to be over time or will the city be switching over all at once?