FDNY L-116

So Today i again saw my first due truck company in a Seagraves spare. When this happens does the spare show up fully stocked , or does the Company receiving it have to move all the gear over to the spare? 

Back in 'The Day...' Equipment was transferred from Regular Rig to Spare; & back.

I DNK 'The Drill' Today.  ;)

when units require a spare apparatus all equipment is removed from regular rig and then put on spare, occasionally warranty work is done on pumpers and fleet service will drop off rig with hose and some equipment on rig so minimal down time no need for complete swap of things, regular rig usually back in 24 hours or so.

mac8146 said:
when units require a spare apparatus all equipment is removed from regular rig and then put on spare, occasionally warranty work is done on pumpers and fleet service will drop off rig with hose and some equipment on rig so minimal down time no need for complete swap of things, regular rig usually back in 24 hours or so.

Thank you "mac8146".

If I might just add for additional info, as I remember it, regular routine maintaince such as oil changes, etc was done while members of that company were assigned to "The Rock" for training.

I believe "reserve apparatus" are fully equipped while "spare apparatus" are not.

Thank you all for the replies , just seems that the Ferrara trucks spend a lot of time in the shop. A LOT.

When a company is OOS for medical or education and if rig is scheduled then regular apparatus is taken to Randall?s island for PMP. This routine maintenance keeps many regular rigs in service. Yes a reserve apparatus is fully stocked with equipment ready to be put in service when a crew arrives to man it. Spare are not equipped with any tools or hose, FSD rigs which are used for the quick turnaround warranty work have hose and some other items but not fully loaded with equipment.