FDNY Medium Rescues

Bulldog

Bulldog
Looking at the specifications it's interesting that it has a Auto Crane 3203 installed.  I don't believe anything like that is not any of the other apparatus in FDNY

Bulldog said:
Looking at the specifications it's interesting that it has a Auto Crane 3203 installed.  I don't believe anything like that is not any of the other apparatus in FDNY

That is a replacement for a TAC Unit.  The current TAC Units have a crane mounted on the rear corner.

HCO

Although similar to a tactical support unit, the new vehicle is a four-wheel-drive Marine Incident Response Team (MIRT) truck.  It has a small crane and is designed to carry tools and equipment, including underwater hydraulic tools and a small boat, to the scene of waterborne emergencies.  Delivery is planned for June.

The current TAC units carry all of that equipment now. Why the need for this new rig if they already have two of the same?

HCO said:
Although similar to a tactical support unit, the new vehicle is a four-wheel-drive Marine Incident Response Team (MIRT) truck.  It has a small crane and is designed to carry tools and equipment, including underwater hydraulic tools and a small boat, to the scene of waterborne emergencies.  Delivery is planned for June.

This really sounds like a TAC replacement.  It was said already, but are you sure about your info?

TSU-2 is currently OOS and running with a spare former Hazmat van. The boat is laying on the ground in the parking lot. Last weekend there was a "boat in distress" call in the Rockaways which TSU-2 responded to. Queens dispatcher informed I/C that TSU-2 was responding without a boat.

So TAC 2 and the spare TAC are both OOS?  Hopefully the shops can get one of them up and running quick!

So how many of these 'Medium Rescues' , TAC's and TSU's is Ferrara building ? Those old TACs and TSUs look so old a beat up.

Re: Slide-out tray: One evening in 2001, TSU-2 was passing in front of my house when I heard a huge "earthquake-like" bang followed by a scraping sound. I immediately ran to the front door to see what it was. The sliding tray had slid out and the generator fell to the pavement. No damage to the generator only scrapes to the pavement and our street was due for a repaving in a few months.

if HCO said it is fact.  he does not spread untruths or thinks he knows.  he has accurate information and passes it along. that should stop rumors and suppositions before they start.

HCO said: