FDNY Pumpers awarded to KME

I thought there was a silence button the boss could push to stop it from beeping for a certain amount of time.

97's is in the shops as of last Friday. As far as I know, it is still in the shops and that is as of my last tour on Monday night. I did photograph it, along with 83's new KME, and 29's new Ferrara. Pictures to follow.

83's new KME, taken by yours truly this past Sunday.
DSC060_zps7db1c00b.png

97's new KME, about a week after delivery. Photo by yours truly.
Picture1855_zpsdd50e0c1.png

These KME'sare great looking wheels.  Love the stainless rims on fire trucks.  Hope they work well for the brothers and New Yorkers

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks. Spoke with a KME rep who said they buried the Alarm so far in the dash that you would have to disassemble everything to get near it.

Guess he was right. Hopefully it saves a life.

Yes Boss tbendick......I spoke to a few of our members that are in my group called...NYC FIRE BUFFS.....you are  dead on with the seat belt alarm system...my members work in different plans at KME......IN Aug they were doing 1 FDNY truck a week along with other builds that they are also committed to do.......now in sept KME will build 2 Fdny trucks aweek along with other committed contacts.. The company I buff at will have the chassis started next Thursday...after it goes from plant 1 thru plant 6  the rig should be done sometime October.....if I hear anything new from my buddy who works in plant 1.......I will keep you informed

kfd274 said:
These KME'sare great looking wheels.  Love the stainless rims on fire trucks.  Hope they work well for the brothers and New Yorkers

Aluminum.  They're polished aluminum.  Saves weight and dissipates heat well.

It looks like the last new KME to go into service is E 259......Not sure if any other rigs are done...I do know that E 319s chassis was started a few days ago on Friday....

FDNYSTATENISLAND.......Go to page 26 on this thread......I listed all the engine companys that will be getting the new KMEs.......The order of companys listed goes by there current reg#......This was the way all units are usually replaced.......I am aware that E 259 already got there new rig even though E 224 is before them on the list.......

The last chassis done was KME GOS 8914 which is for my house E 319......The chassis was started last Friday and usually is completed in 3 days so I would guess chassis 8915 is being done now....My buddy who works in KME PLANT 1 sent me pictures of 319s chassis.....When I get any new info I will let you and the group no..

Stopped by 83 Engine tonight to get some pics, they said its holding up well. On the other hand 29 truck's new ferrara is out of service.