FDNY Rescue Co's

What type of alarms would they send two recue co's on? Also do any of the rescue co's get cover ups or relocated to another rescue's area when they are out on a run.

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
You get two Rescues on
10-60 / FF Trapped
Commercial Hi-Rise 2nd Alarm
Divers in the water.
When Requested.

They do relocated, not often but they do.  There is an order for which houses get covered.

e203BCVFD said:
On 9/11, Rescue 5 was relocated to the quarters of Rescue 1.
From what I remember hearing on the radio that day; they responded to the WTC. Upon arrival they asked dispatchers where they should respond to; they were told: "Just make yourselves available". That was the last I heard of them that day. :(

HCO

Re rescue company relocations:  if only one is in service, Rescue 4 is to be covered;  if two, Rescues 2 and 4 are covered;  if three are available, Rescues 1, 2, and 4 are filled.

guitarman314 said:
e203BCVFD said:
On 9/11, Rescue 5 was relocated to the quarters of Rescue 1.
From what I remember hearing on the radio that day; they responded to the WTC. Upon arrival they asked dispatchers where they should respond to; they were told: "Just make yourselves available". That was the last I heard of them that day. :(

On 9/11 Rescue 5 was originally on a box when the 1st plane hit and was relocated to Rescue 1 with all the other Rescues responding into the WTC.  However, they eventually responded into the WTC.  They and TAC2 left the house with 12 firefighters, and went home with 1...