FDNY Rigs (Bill D's photos)

Bill thanks to you for taking these historical photos in the first place,

Bill,

They say a picture's worth a 1000 words....thanks for the history and memories

Jim

Awesome shots Bill. I can't say enough how much I wish I was alive during those "War Years" to witness what yourself and the countless other Buffs saw first-hand.

However...there is Detroit!

Thanks Jamie (r1smoke....) for all you've done. Because of your work, everybody gets to see these pictures. I'm glad to be able to share these photos for all to enjoy. As I look at these, I realize how fast the years really do fly by. The Lime Green Macks, the American LaFrance Engines, those Mack Tower Ladders. are all gone now. They sure fought some fires.
  I remember when the first Seagrave Pumpers came in. I think some of the first ones went to Engine 88 and Engine 308. For me it was a bitter sweet time. I sure loved those Mack Pumpers. Its nice to be able to turn on the computer today and see those FDNY rigs of yesterday.
  We have also been lucky enough to be able to see other photos that many on here have also posted. Its not just Bill D's photos that are on these pages. But thanks to Jamie and others, we ALL get to enjoy these memories.

The first  modern day Seagrave pumper I saw was Sq 1's 1992. We had an all hands on Nostrand Ave and Newkirk Ave. We came out of the building and their was the very different looking pumper sitting on Nostrand Ave. The chauffeur was Jimmy B. RIP he gave us a cooks tour.

Glad you remember the first Seagraves, Willie.  That was the ones with chain drive, right?? ::) 8) :eek:

H & L 147 said:
Thanks R1smoke

"r1SmokeEater" sure has done a Great job. Thanks Jamie, I think we all really appreciate that.

But I think "raybrag" once again has me mixed up with "JohnnyD..." when it comes to those first "chain driven Seagraves".

Sorry, Willie . . . it's just that I didn't want to think I was the only one around here who's older than dirt. ;) :D ::)  For the record:  I REMEMBER seeing chain-drive FDNY Macks on the streets of NYC.  And many, many Mack AP concrete mixers from Colonial Concrete . . . also chain drive.