FDNY Squad Equipment

Does anyone know what the relatively small tire/ rims, usually stored in the compartment with collapse equipment, are used for? I have seen them on each of the squads, but I have never received an explanation as to what they go to, or what they are used for.
1623871816153.png

Hey, new member here. I had the privilege of getting a tour of Squad 18 when I visited the city in the summer time. A couple questions though;
1. Are all the Squads and their second pieces set up the same?
It looks like Squad 270’s second piece has a blow up boat and motor in the same cabinet that Squad 18’s second piece has all there hazmat absorbent and leak kits
2. What equipment is stored in the coffin cabinets on top of the Squad truck?
3. The two, smaller long storage cabinets at the top rear of the Squad truck - is that storage for pike poles, brooms, 2x4’s and 4x4’s?

Thanks in advance

Hey, new member here. I had the privilege of getting a tour of Squad 18 when I visited the city in the summer time. A couple questions though;
1. Are all the Squads and their second pieces set up the same?
It looks like Squad 270’s second piece has a blow up boat and motor in the same cabinet that Squad 18’s second piece has all there hazmat absorbent and leak kits
2. What equipment is stored in the coffin cabinets on top of the Squad truck?
3. The two, smaller long storage cabinets at the top rear of the Squad truck - is that storage for pike poles, brooms, 2x4’s and 4x4’s?

Thanks in advance
To answer some of your questions.

The Squad Rigs are NOT set up exactly the same. Each unit has different needs and the Members are given the correct latitude to determine their rig set up.
Sq270 carries a boat on top due to R4 & R2 being very far from them and they get a lot of water rescue runs. They can get swimmers in the water faster. They can also have their boat ready to transport the divers asap. Giving the Rescue guys more time to concentrate on getting the divers kitted fast. Instead of trying to do that AND get their boat into operation.
As far as what is in certain cabinets. No comments OP SEC.