FDNY Squrts

I just received my copy of FAJ with the article on FDNY's Squrts. The article was well-written, informative, and showed the where-abouts of MS 7001 and MS 7002. I am confused about MS 7002 and its being assigned to Engine 43 in the Bronx from 73 to 75. If first due engine stretches an attack line and the second due runs a back-up line why is an engine equipped with the Squrt device being used in this way? If the companies are running hose lines the Squrt appliance cannot be used. Wouldn't it be better used as a unit that is special-called. I will admit I do not know the geography of E-43's district but in 1975 they had 4000 runs. Perhaps they should have done what Boston did and make it the second piece of an engine company, running with a regular pumper. BFD's Squrts went to E-17 and E-26 but E-17's was sent to E-39 because of the fire activity in their area making the Squrt unavailable. It later went to E-39. Both companies were listed on almost every running card as a second alarm company so you would get one. They were built on Ford chassis by Maxim.  Engine 39's 1971 Ford/Maxim.