FDNY UHF Dispatch

last night  heard radio tech for fdny call qns but no response,, can anyone confirm that the new radios are being deployed to the companies :eek:

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
Not aware of any new radios in the field yet. Will be hard to tell unless I see a radio, or they switch out some of the older ones. 

M

mmattyphoto

there are no new radios in the field. But they will be simulcasting on both frequency's for some time.

I thank you for that info Matty. I bought a new scanner that will be able to recieve those new freqs. I probadly won't get to NYC for awhile, but maybe when the spring flowers start to bloom. I haven't tried that scanner yet, and I'm looking forward to it. But I will miss the VHF when that time comes. No special scanners needed.

M

mmattyphoto

The new frequency's sound great especially the Bronx without S.I. breaking in.

johnd248 said:
But who listens to the Bronx?? ::) ::) :D :D

That's a good question John, but I guess it's those guys that want to hear some fires. My main man JohnnyD, maybe we should tune  in DaBronx more often. We missed a few 4th or 5ths in the last couple of weeks.  ??? 
  (Myself and Johnnyd go back a few years, back when I was a hundred pounds lighter, right John).

Back to reality, I am glad to hear that those new UHFs are coming in loud and clear.

I've noticed Bronx radio is being simulcast on both the BX UHF freq.  482.0062 and SI 482.0437.

SI is not going out on the BX frequency.

Intentional?  A glitch?

can i hear the bronx on 154 190, if not whats the new frequency. can u give me a list of bronx, brooklyn, queens, manhattan

badge13 said:
can i hear the bronx on 154 190, if not whats the new frequency. can u give me a list of bronx, brooklyn, queens, manhattan

"Badge13", go to page one on this and we have been provided with the Entire new Frequency Set Up. As I understand it, the high band and Ultra high channels are being simulcast at this time. Okay there guy.

And just to let you know, just about any question you would have regarding the FDNY has been answered on this site. I'm sure you'll find out that this site is, By Far, The Very Best, just like I have.

F

fone45

bklyndisp54 said:
I've noticed Bronx radio is being simulcast on both the BX UHF freq.  482.0062 and SI 482.0437.
SI is not going out on the BX frequency.
Intentional?  A glitch?
bklyndisp54, what you hear on both Bronx and SI UHF is still simulcast from the original shared 154.190 VHF. I believe the Bronx is unintentionally bleeding over onto SI UHF. Somehow they were able to prevent SI from bleeding over onto the Bronx UHF.

B

Bigandy

Just purchased the GRE PSR-300  ;D

Are they going to do a complete switch over to UHF soon?

I have a RS-2045, about 12 yrs old. it has PL tones on it but for some strange reason it skips Bklyn PL, Ive got every thing else, not an exact match but close on uhf. Any ideas? Is there a mirror freq with another PL tone?
I normally just listen to QNS, MHN, and CW at work in astoria, Bklyn is just to hear my Bro in law on R-2 when he's working.
Jeff

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
Photofpd, the PL's should work, they are standard and haven't changed.  It's the split on the UHF thats newer do to the narrow banding.

Full switchover should not be anytime soon.  Wouldn't be surprised if they run both together for long time, instead of changing radios in all the spares and stuff.

HCO

A quick look at the website manual for your radio shows it does not have 6.25 kc channel spacing.  Unless the manufacturer provides a firmware fix it's time to buy a new radio if you want to monitor FDNY UHF.

Has the PL for the Brooklyn UHF channel changed?

I had 69.3hz programmed in my scanner for months now, and starting today I can't rec'v. anything unless I turn of the PL.  I saw that the FDNY page of this board shows it as 100hz so I gave it a try, but that didn't work either.

My recv'r. is functioning normally on other boro freq's.

I figured out how to get my scanner to search for PL frequencies. 

The first step is to hold the instruction manual against the wall and pound your head on it for a few minutes.

After that it was easy to discover that the PL for the Brooklyn UHF channel is now 136.5 hz.  That's Motorola 4Z for you old guys.

Just in case anyone cares.  :D

I found an easier way.  Just set the manual down, pick up a 16oz (minimum) hammer, and swing at your head with it.  Saves the trouble of having to hold that da?^$#*n manual up against the wall.  ;)