Federal Sirens

I see, and hear!! From online footage that R1 and R 2 have supplemental sirens in addition to the factory fitted siren on their rigs. R2 also has the railway horns in addition to the factory fitted bull horn siren and I think a Federal Q? I am sure I will be corrected on this as I am by no means an expert on sirens horns etc!

My question is has any other Truck or Engine or Squad or indeed Rescue company fitted additional sirens or Federal Ws to their rigs?

JG

l have seen several with the Federal Q.  Squad 252 ....  fdnytrucks.com      http://fdnytrucks.com/files/html/brooklyn/e252.htm 

l recently saw in a video a KME with it but dont remember the company #.

Bulldog

Bulldog
I still don't understand why FDNY doesn't buy all of their rigs with Q2s on them.  Anybody who's ever been in the fire service knows that a Q2 much better at getting people's attention than anything else on the market!

Bulldog said:
I still don't understand why FDNY doesn't buy all of their rigs with Q2s on them.  Anybody who's ever been in the fire service knows that a Q2 much better at getting people's attention than anything else on the market!

Bulldog, I am NOT a member, or ever was a member of the FDNY. But I did follow the dept for many years, including some of their department policies and how they were established. As I remember, anything that the FDNY puts into service as a pilot program is evaluated by the personnel who use it. A few "select companies" will often evaluate any type of equipment BEFORE it becomes standard for the FDNY.

As I also understand, there is a group of individuals who will put these facts together and decide what is best for the FDNY. I'm also quite sure that if any fire equipment company has a product to offer that they consider to be an improvement, these officials would gladly consider listening and perhaps putting that product into a test pilot program to be evaluated. That company should probably try to contact the FDNY for consideration.

l'm readin now where they are banned in nyc and a group of nj & ny sued federal over hearing loss.... just found it on Google in like 2015