FERRARA RECEIVES PURCHASE ORDER FOR NEW RESCUES

https://www.ferrarafire.com/2018/02/22/ferrara-receives-purchase-order-city-new-york-five-heavy-rescues/

A 5 year warranty? I wonder how many miniscule asterisks are hidden at the bottom of the warranty pages.

I thought KME was the low bidder.  What happened, did they get disqualified for some reason?

Forgot about that.  Does the customer have any say on whose junk they are actually taking delivery on?  If they took the middle bid, who is to say where it is actually being built?

Bulldog

Bulldog
jks19714 said:
Forgot about that.  Does the customer have any say on whose junk they are actually taking delivery on?  If they took the middle bid, who is to say where it is actually being built?
Unless it's specified in the contract documents where it's going to be built I don't think the buyer have a lot of say of where a piece of apparatus is built.  As long as the contract documents are followed in the equipment is delivered with the appropriate corporate markings I don't think they can say a whole lot about it.  Saying that, FDNY contracts are very extensive and involved, they may actually testify at what facility the apparatus is to be built

Rev group's three manufacturers operate as three independent companies. So if you contract with KME they will build your truck. I heard months ago that KME's bid din't meet FDNY spec and they were eliminated from the process.

Well, I guess that explains why the bid was so much lower than Ferrera. I can't understand why a vendor would submit a non-compliant bid rather than just walk away. It had to take a lot of engineering man-hours just to prepare the response.

Bulldog

Bulldog
jks19714 said:
Well, I guess that explains why the bid was so much lower than Ferrera. I can't understand why a vendor would submit a non-compliant bid rather than just walk away. It had to take a lot of engineering man-hours just to prepare the response.
Many times, actually almost always, bidders do not meet every point of a specification.  Instead they bid listing alternatives for specific points.  Sometimes the company looking for equipment will accept the alternatives, other times they won't.  There's a lot of give-and-take in every bidding process, it just ends up depending on the specifics.  I'm sure that bidders that want to supply equipment to FDNY meet a far larger portion of the specs than they do when bidding for other departments.

We obviously don't know what specific points KME didn't meet and probably never will.  Obviously it's the option of the company accepting the bids project every offer doesn't meet the specifications.