Fire Jeeps of NYC

I remember the Jeep fire truck at Edgewater Park.  My Aunt and Uncle had a place a few blocks from there and we would walk over to shop in their grocery store.

As a kid I loved Jeeps.  In fact when I built the "fire truck" that my brother Gene and  Ed Kilduff used to play with, I made the front look like a Jeep.  It was a good way to build since you could square things off and still keep the "look." Wish I had a picture!

Also, Jack Calderone has since published a book titled "They Also Served" covering non FDNY apparatus that was assigned within the city.  I would look up the information but I don't have the book with me here in Florida.    8) 8) 8)

If my memory is correct, I seem to remember a jeep mini fire truck protecting the '69 Worlds Fair. The fire and ambulance protection was not provided by city employees. Can I get some help on this one?

lucky said:
If my memory is correct, I seem to remember a jeep mini fire truck protecting the '69 Worlds Fair. The fire and ambulance protection was not provided by city employees. Can I get some help on this one?

Lucky,

You are correct.  Painted  blue (cab)  body was orange.