FIRE LAW BLOG.

WOW..What an article. I know of only one person who could find this and it has to be Chief Jack! The local papers only print what they want you to know and depending on their political views, slant the story that way. Being new to the site . I want to play by the rules. Enough said... I never realized that we now have a shortage of staff chief and how it affects the safety concerns at greater alarms. This is a topic for the Chiefs and other officers on the site to comment on, for it's way above my pay grade. Being a Fireman for all my time OTJ, the one thing that really upset me was "making firefighter safety a civilian task". What do they know about our personal gear , tools and SCBA's (Masks). REALLY...How many hallways have the crawled down...how many doorways have they made... how many doors have they forced...how many searches have they made on the fire floor or floors above. I'm going to say NONE... And yet they are going to dictate what I need. I don' think so. To sum up this rant...POLITICS HAVE NO USE ON THE FIRE SCENE.... For the safety and dignity of our FDNY Brothers and Sisters and for the sake of this great Dept. (steeped in history) for which I love... This commissioner and her agender Must GO!

Also for any age discrimination they should file an EEO complaint with NY DOL or if need be at the federal level with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC); just as other minorities in the fire service have done.