Firehouse replacement

As many of you know a lot of FDNY house are approaching the 100 year old mark. Have FDNY even thought of the possibility of having to build new quarters of a lot of FDNY companies.

maybe but its a slow process first houses with major problems get rebuild then old houses without problems get done

If the older houses can be rebuilt/rehabbed, then the city should do so. In my opinion, the older houses have more character than the newer houses, certainly more history, and should be preserved.

If the older houses can be rebuilt/rehabbed, then the city should do so. In my opinion, the older houses have more character than the newer houses, certainly more history, and should be preserved.
With out a doubt brother.

The new Queens firehouse in the Rockawya will have the ability to enter from the rear, a first as far as I know

in my opinion best looking modern house would be E63 L39 and BC15 which look kinda like the modern variant of E54 L4 BC9

I know it is not due for replacement anytime soon but the quarters of E 248/ B 41 on Snyder Avenue, or what I call the "New House", was opened in 1972 when we moved from Church Avenue. That means the "New House" is already 51 years old. Time flies. LOL.

My former unit Engine 26 is, or so I am told, the oldest ACTIVE firehouse in the FDNY. I believe that it was built in 1860 for the then Volunteer N.Y. City Fire Department. When I was Captain of Engine 26, from 1992 to 2000 I tried to get "Landmark Status" for the firehouse, whose address is 220 W. 37th St. When I retired from active duty with the FDNY, in July 2000, that "Landmark Status" was still pending. Early in 2001 I know that the interior of the firehouse was updated, including replacement of the original apparatus floor. The old floor still had the spot where the metal posts for the horses' stalls were, indicated by the round bases of the posts, cut flush to the floor level. I was a Buff in Brooklyn's 41 Battalion before my appointment to the FDNY. So, I know the firehouse on Snyder Avenue well. It was and is a great old firehouse.
Captain Bob Rainey FDNY Engine 26 retired