Flashover Nozzle

Has anybody heard of this. Go to ChicagoAreaFire.com for info. I am sure the brains of this site will square this away!!!! 8)

Bulldog

Bulldog
Here's a lot more information about it including interview with the developer: http://firegeezer.com/2011/09/21/new-flashover-prevention-nozzle-introduced-firegeezer-exclusive/

It certainly doesn't flow a lot of water, 60 GPM in the firefighting mode and about 25 GPM in the suppression mode, operating at about 90 PSI.  The stream looks a lot like the stream that the old HP Beam engines used to have, their rationale was to minimize water damage.  It will be interesting to see if it ever gets much use in the US.

Similar to nozzle used in Flashover Simulators designed in Sweden and used here. Have been around for years. Low flow, short bursts of the stream to "delay or kill" flahover. I worked for a while as an instructor in the Flashover Simulator classses. We would tell the student "pay no attention to the man with the nozzle" The techniquies i.e short bursts from the nozzle, were for the simulator not for real world firefighting.

Seems like another Pipe Dream Deal to me. But I'm sure there will be those saying this is the answer to what we've been waiting for. I'm sure somebody will put a few dollars in their pocket.

I recently saw a picture of a "Pit Bull" overhauling a mattress that was thrown out of a window after a fire and landed near a puddle. That Pit Bull torn the mattress apart and then dragged it to the nearby puddle. Overall job was done. Now, will this be a New Trend Setter! ! ! Let's call it the "Pit Bull Concept". Can somebody make a few dollars on this idea ?

I think I'd let the FDNY R & D check it out first, before I'd spend any money on any kind of new nozzle.