Garland TX, new rig 2/16/23

Bulldog

Bulldog
Nice looking rig, too bad that Pierce won't bid on the FDNY rigs!

I’m surprised Seagrave hasn’t built Rescues for FDNY. They have some really nice tandem axle walk in heavy rescues out there. I don’t even know if they have bid on the last batch.

I read somewhere on here that the contract specifies the body/box has to be manufactured by the same entity. The boxes on the Seagraves aren’t made by them. New Havens Seagrave is really sharp looking.

I read somewhere on here that the contract specifies the body/box has to be manufactured by the same entity. The boxes on the Seagraves aren’t made by them. New Havens Seagrave is really sharp looking.
Dave. Another member also responded to this post and informed me of the same thing. I was totally unaware that The bodies on most of the Seagrave heavy rescues were built by another manufacturer. Yes , I agree with the spec language that the entire cab and body should be built by a single contractor. That’s the nice thing about networking on this site… you learn new things all the time. Thanks for the info. Stay safe.

The local Toonerville Fire Department has this paint scheme. Trust me it is ugly. The colors don't go together. It's like they primed the truck and then forgot to paint the top.

To make it worse, the Chief decided to make the duty shirts golf shirts with the same putrid gray. When you walk in the firehouse it's like you are talking to the countermen at a discount tire shop.

Bulldog

Bulldog
The local Toonerville Fire Department has this paint scheme. Trust me it is ugly. The colors don't go together. It's like they primed the truck and then forgot to paint the top.

To make it worse, the Chief decided to make the duty shirts golf shirts with the same putrid gray. When you walk in the firehouse it's like you are talking to the countermen at a discount tire shop.
I personally like this color scheme, it's a halfway point between the white roofs and black roofs. To me at least a black roofs make the entire truck with to dark and the white ones are "just white" and get dirty too quickly.