GOP: U.S. can't afford to fund health 'entitlement program' for 9/11 rescue work

This is outrageous ... the fed's can afford their own inflated salaries and benefits as well as to bail out banks and car manufacturers using massive amounts of our tax money, but when it comes to caring for all those who were permanently injured and sickened by their exposure to the toxins from the 9/11 attacks ... suddenly they have found something they can't afford?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2010/05/25/2010-05-25_gop_us_cant_afford_to_fund_entitlement_program_for_911_rescue_workers.html

We can Bail out Wall St, GM, and the banks but we can't help the workers, or should I say "The Heros" that are still paying a price with their health from 9/11.
  About a year after 9/11, my wife and I were at a show. During the break, I got talking to a guy that seemed to be in very good health. As the conversation went on, I found out that he was a firefighter from Ladder 15 in lower Manhattan. He said he is no longer on the job due to breathing problems. It was really the first time that I became aware of the medical conditions that affected those workers. He told me he can NOT walk up a flight of stairs now. His days of throwing on an air pack and gear, and carrying the tools required of a New York City Firefighter, then running up 6-10 flights of stairs were over. All because of what these Killers did to us.
  As it came time for the show to rebegin, I watched this guy climb three steps, and then have to take a break and try to catch his breath. 
  I've watched those Wall St guys walk off with their huge bonuses, twice now since we bailed them out. No doubt they are laughing at us, as they know we will forget the next day. Well I for one haven't. Meantime REAL Heros in our country are struggling to even breath.

Please take note of WHO it is that is saying this:  the REPUBLICANS.  They sure are the "Party of NO" when it comes to taking care of first responders, aren't they (BTW:  which party is Bloomberg???).  That's all for my partisan rant . . . back to no politics on this board (at least for me).