Helmets

Just curious as to what manufacturer provides the helmets for the FDNY members. Thank you.

Morning Pride Ben Franklin - 2+ with 4 point strap and E-Z Flips eyeshield

Words on the street is when the new FDNY Leathers are approved for optional purchase the price tag MAY be close to $700.00.
I remember when you could buy them for $150 and my Dad bought his first one when in FDNY for $25. What Leather Helmets are they going to?

Bulldog

Bulldog
Words on the street is when the new FDNY Leathers are approved for optional purchase the price tag MAY be close to $700.00 morning Sarah how are you today little Joe for all you but not bad letting go outside to show what you are pure
That price wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Perhaps $700 now, but how about after it's condemned in ten years per NFPA/OSHA?
I'm all for leather, but when I was offered a lighter, better-fitting composite helmet when the new generation of leathers was coming in I jumped at it.

7883, if you are referring to the orange insert that has "Prob" and the company number beneath it I believe that the company part is added by making a tape on one of those label makers and done when assigned to a unit. If the tape is peeled back it will still have the original "Firefighter" below the "Prob."

I've noticed many members will put thier previous assignments' collar brass on thier helmet bands. Wonder if there is any history or background on this tradition.

I've noticed many members will put thier previous assignments' collar brass on thier helmet bands. Wonder if there is any history or background on this tradition.
I don't recall seeing that, usually you did not wear previous company insignias, tee shirts or patches in your present company...unless, of course, you wanted them to be cut off. My collar brass went into my jewelry box, still there.