Hiring process

Can any FDNY EMT or Paramedic explain the hiring process? I checked the website and have not gotten much information from it. It was last updated in 2007. Have there been any classes since 2007?

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty much get your EMT on your own and meet all the requirements
Call the the number get placed on a list and wait.

And I sure wish you all the Best Zack. work hard and Don't give up. I wanted to be a fireman (as they were called in those days). It took me Six tests and six years of trying before I got it. For me it just didn't come easy. But I'm sure glad I stuck with it. In fact, I wish I could do it again.

Zack, whether its the FDNY/EMS or any other EMS, they need people that are interested in helping others as you are. I know you would do a Great job, but they won't just hand it to you. As Tommy said, "get your EMT".

There is no test in order to be hired, but you do need an EMT or Paramedic card. Call the number they place you on a list. This list is first come first called and as they need people they will call you. When they call they will tell you to come down to metrotech to do a full medical, past history and drug test. Don't ile about anything they will find out and they could bring legal action against you.  Anything else I can help you with just ask. I did FDNY*EMS for 3 years while I was waiting to be called for FF. I also have experience in all 4 forms of EMS in NYC (private, volunteer, voluntary and FDNY*EMS).