Hospital EMS stations/Garage

Like the FDNY EMS have a station assingment and base, where the vehicle and crew operate out of and vehicles maintained, do the hospital ems providers have such, or do they quiet literally just park on the street outside their respective hospitals??

JT

As I understand it, each EMS Unit has an area they will park in. Similiar to Police Sector cars.

The EMS Units do NOT stay at the hospitals, they are out in the street in their assigned areas.

Rodent, if you are referring to the voluntary units with the 911 system, i.e. Jamaica, Flushing, North Shore, etc. they change tours, park vehicles and replenish supplies at their respective hospitals, some which have garages and others just a room at the hospital. Like FDNY units, they leave at the start of the tour and go to their respective corners which is known as the "89 location" or officially the "CSL" (cross street location."  Hope that clears it up for you.

I can tell you that Maimonidies has a garage a few blocks away (i forget what block) where they do change of tours and leave the units not in service. I believe SIUH is at the South location but as of late I have noticed an off duty ambulance being kept at the North site off to the side of the ER. RUMC I recall seeing on hospital grounds.