House watch stuff

F

firekid52a

Does anyone know where i can get one of thoes red disptch phones that they have in house watch

Probably tough to get being that they're still in use for the Voice Alarm system but, you never know.

J

ja488

firekid52a said:
Does anyone know where i can get one of thoes red disptch phones that they have in house watch
What do you need one for, I mean, really?

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
They are not phones, so you could never use it as one.  You can find "Red Phones" or "Ring Downs" on the internet.

tbendick said:
They are not phones, so you could never use it as one. 

If they are the same ones I remember, they're part of the Voice Alarm system... which itself is nothing more than a wide-area high-powered intercom.    The "phone" would contain a small audio amp and speaker on the inside...nothing compatible with TELCO, except that the system operates (operated?) over TELCO leased lines.

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
They had updated the voice alarm system in the past. Maybe 15 years ago.  The added an radio style mic to allow the housewatch to make announcements over the VA system in the house.  This was done because most of the firehouse intercom systems were falling apart.  Works pretty good.

They are currently working on a Voice over IP system to update the network.
Here is a link to Purvis who makes all the products
http://www.purvis.com/prod_pub_voice_alarm.asp

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
Check Ebay. They have a bunch like them.
The closest you might found would be on from an alarm system with the PTT