Janet Kimmerly

From another site, thanks to Johnny Gage:

"Janet Kimmerly was an outstanding Editor of WNYF magazine for over two decades and countless other publications. She was also a former firefighter in her commnunity of Port Washington.

On a personal note, I was the contributor for the 1st Division All Hands Column way back when and Janet was instrumental helping me convert from a typewriter to the new confounded computers recently installed in firehouses. Last time I spoke with her she had a dream of heading to Montana and be around horses.

Janet will be missed, may she rest in eternal peace."

May Ms. Kimmerly Rest in Peace. May her family and friends be comforted. She was truly a great friend of and an advocate for the F.D.N.Y.

From another site, thanks to Johnny Gage:

"Janet Kimmerly was an outstanding Editor of WNYF magazine for over two decades and countless other publications. She was also a former firefighter in her commnunity of Port Washington.

On a personal note, I was the contributor for the 1st Division All Hands Column way back when and Janet was instrumental helping me convert from a typewriter to the new confounded computers recently installed in firehouses. Last time I spoke with her she had a dream of heading to Montana and be around horses.

Janet will be missed, may she rest in eternal peace."

May Ms. Kimmerly Rest in Peace. May her family and friends be comforted. She was truly a great friend of and an advocate for the F.D.N.Y.
What a great lady Janet. I was Division 13 All Hands contributor & got to speak with her alot & yes she did move to Montana & was still helping with WNYF, just a nice, sincere person, she respected & loved the guys. Rest in Peace, she truly was a part of our FDNY family in every sense. Prayers and comfort to the Kimmerly family and friends.

mack

Administrator

The FDNY Foundation Mourns the Passing of WNYF Magazine Editor Janet Kimmerly​

1024x685_janet-1024x480.jpg

The FDNY Foundation joins the FDNY in sending our deepest condolences to the family and friends of Janet Kimmerly.

Janet was the longtime Editor of WNYF Magazine, Chief Vincent Dunn’s “Battlespace” trilogy, “Firefighting with FDNY Chief Ronald R. Spadafora,” annual Medal Day Books, and countless other FDNY publications and Foundation projects over the past 23 years. She was also a former firefighter with Protection Engine Co. No. 1 in her native Port Washington, NY, serving for 32 years. In the Fall 2020 issue of WNYF, she wrote a farewell message that read in part, “the FDNY and its members will always have a place in my heart. Please stay safe and healthy. Thank you for a grand ride; it has been a privilege and an honor to serve the FDNY.” She will be missed.

Attachments

• 1617918002827.png
    1617918002827.png
    995 KB · Views: 12

The FDNY Foundation Mourns the Passing of WNYF Magazine Editor Janet Kimmerly​

View attachment 13592

The FDNY Foundation joins the FDNY in sending our deepest condolences to the family and friends of Janet Kimmerly.

Janet was the longtime Editor of WNYF Magazine, Chief Vincent Dunn’s “Battlespace” trilogy, “Firefighting with FDNY Chief Ronald R. Spadafora,” annual Medal Day Books, and countless other FDNY publications and Foundation projects over the past 23 years. She was also a former firefighter with Protection Engine Co. No. 1 in her native Port Washington, NY, serving for 32 years. In the Fall 2020 issue of WNYF, she wrote a farewell message that read in part, “the FDNY and its members will always have a place in my heart. Please stay safe and healthy. Thank you for a grand ride; it has been a privilege and an honor to serve the FDNY.” She will be missed.
She will be missed...Class act, great person.