Jupiter Florida to cancel contract with PBCFR and start its own fire department

My Mother in Law lives in Jupiter, hate to see her Taxes go up she’s 99 yrs old.
Talked to Palm Beach Firefighter’s a few times when I’m visiting, nice guys. Wonder how they will be incorporated into new Department or be surplus within Palm Beach?

They will have to maintain the interlocal agreement. Greater alarm coverage and such. Will PBCFR keep the stations or lease to Jupiter or will they build new ones?

They will have to maintain the interlocal agreement. Greater alarm coverage and such. Will PBCFR keep the stations or lease to Jupiter or will they build new ones?
I read the consultants report and timeline. Jupiter will have to build two brand new fire stations.

My Mother in Law lives in Jupiter, hate to see her Taxes go up she’s 99 yrs old.
Talked to Palm Beach Firefighter’s a few times when I’m visiting, nice guys. Wonder how they will be incorporated into new Department or be surplus within Palm Beach?
I would be very surprised if anyone left PBCFR to go to Jupiter. PBCFR hires 70-100 new FF’s each year. As the deadline approaches all they have to sue is not hire and not make a certain amount of promotions that last year, pay some overtime and the PBCFR staffing can adjust itself without any layoffs or demotions.

I would be very surprised if anyone left PBCFR to go to Jupiter. PBCFR hires 70-100 new FF’s each year. As the deadline approaches all they have to sue is not hire and not make a certain amount of promotions that last year, pay some overtime and the PBCFR staffing can adjust itself without any layoffs or demotions.
I agree with your line of thinking. Also, the new Jupiter fire chief could come from anywhere, but I am guessing that some lieutenants, captains and chief officers may jump from PBCFR to Jupiter. After all they will need a command structure and who better to hire than people who know your city!