Ladder 25 & Collapse Rescue 1

l saw a video on youtube of FDNY responding and several times Ladder 25 was responding and Collapse Rescue which is housed with it was also responding, what determines when / why Collapse Rescue responds, were all those calls collapse related?

l saw a video on youtube of FDNY responding and several times Ladder 25 was responding and Collapse Rescue which is housed with it was also responding, what determines when / why Collapse Rescue responds, were all those calls collapse related?
Any reported collapse, person in a hole they go. It’s the major matrix response. Ladder 25 man’s the Collapse adless they are out already or first or second due

Last edited:

HCO

The five Collapse Rescues are components of a “Technical Rescue Task Force” (TRTF). Each TRTF is composed of one Rescue, one Collapse Rescue, and one Squad with its second piece.

One TRTF is assigned on “Major Technical Rescue” incidents which include explosions, plane down off airport, major building collapse, confined space rescue, trench rescue, and major transit incident (train derailment, explosion, or evacuation).

As noted above, one TRTF is assigned on 10-66 and 10-60 signals; a 10-60 Code 1 gets a second TRTF.

So if the box is reported in L25 first due area they do not transport Collapse rescue 1?

^^^^ No they would not transport.........1st & 2nd have responsibilities that must be addressed immediately ......also often the assigned SSL may be out of Quarters & have to return to Qtrs for the 2nd Piece..... for this & other reasons a more distant LAD would be designated as Transport....when the program started the nearest would be sent regardless of how they were Due.....it took a while but we were able to convince HQ to make the change.

^^^^ No they would not transport.........1st & 2nd have responsibilities that must be addressed immediately ......also often the assigned SSL may be out of Quarters & have to return to Qtrs for the 2nd Piece..... for this & other reasons a more distant LAD would be designated as Transport....when the program started the nearest would be sent regardless of how they were Due.....it took a while but we were able to convince HQ to make the change.
So Collapse Rescue 2 would be assigned or the backup for Ladder 25 be assigned.

I think Ladder 14 is the back-up for Ladder 25 to transport Collapse Rescue 1. Or it was at one point.

Can anyone tell me the back up transport unit for Collapse Rescue 2?

l think backup for 25 (" a more distant ladder ") would go get the Collapse 1 piece.
I think Ladder 14 is the back-up for Ladder 25 to transport Collapse Rescue 1. Or it was at one point.

Can anyone tell me the back up transport unit for Collapse Rescue 2?
So Collapse Rescue 2 would be assigned or the backup for Ladder 25 be assigned.
Usually when it’s north of L25 quarters R1 picks it up has been done before. TL14 had the Collapse rig for awhile when E40 or E23 was relocated to L25 house. I believe it’s nearest unit to pick it up. CR2 E227 picks it up a lot. CR3 usually L27…. CR1 should be getting moved soon again probably back to E5 only really house it fits that has room. E74 will be coming to L25 in a few months

Usually when it’s north of L25 quarters R1 picks it up has been done before. TL14 had the Collapse rig for awhile when E40 or E23 was relocated to L25 house. I believe it’s nearest unit to pick it up. CR2 E227 picks it up a lot. CR3 usually L27…. CR1 should be getting moved soon again probably back to E5 only really house it fits that has room. E74 will be coming to L25 in a few months
Thanks for the info Skyler, helps me keep my MissionChief game as accurate as I can!

is Engine 74 gonna move permanently?

The nearest available unit can go pick up the collapse rig if the normally assigned unit is unavailable. There are no longer dedicated back ups.

maybe a dump question but if Primary unit & backup unit aren't available wouldn't it be useful to get a unit thats responding past the station to pick it up and drive to the scene where Rescue 1 gets the gear they need and have 25 take it back to there station afterwards?

maybe a dump question but if Primary unit & backup unit aren't available wouldn't it be useful to get a unit thats responding past the station to pick it up and drive to the scene where Rescue 1 gets the gear they need and have 25 take it back to there station afterwards?
Anyone can pick it up

In the past didn't the primary response and back-up transport company have to have a back up Chauffer on the roster to drive the Collapse Rig (or any company that has a second piece) is that not a requirement anymore or is it the closest available unit that has a qualified Chauffer that will pick up the second piece?

Speaking of CR1 it’s not gonna be at L25 for awhile as E74 is with L25. It’s with E39/L16 gonna be for awhile.