Ladder 3

I read a profile of L-3 sometime after 9/11 and the article said that "Recon" came from the number of former Marines who were assigned to 3 Truck. There was also a saying attributed to 3 Truck "When a civilian needs help, he calls a firefighter; when a firefighter needs help, he calls Rescue; when Rescue needs help, they call Recon"

1261Truckie said:
I read a profile of L-3 sometime after 9/11 and the article said that "Recon" came from the number of former Marines who were assigned to 3 Truck. There was also a saying attributed to 3 Truck "When a civilian needs help, he calls a firefighter; when a firefighter needs help, he calls Rescue; when Rescue needs help, they call Recon"

Although I can't confirm the quote, the origin of RECON is correct

TB17 said:
1261Truckie said:

This is correct

Interesting, I never heard that before reading it here.

"when a firefighter needs help, he calls Rescue; when Rescue needs help, they call Recon"
"
  I'm sure Rescue & SOC Get a Real Kick from That Line.  :D