Ladder 5

JohnnyGage said:
Not certain, but I did a quick look-see on Kitty Kelly Shoes...there was a KK shoestore on 40 E 14th Street, might be where the photo was taken.
BTW; this was my "office" for seven years as LCC, photo credit to Mr. Willy!

Screenshot-2019-01-19-13-37-43-1.png

Yes, the chaffer of Ladder 5 at the time was FDNYs FF Johnny Gage. That was the first time I met "Mr Gage", aka Dan P., about 20 years ago. Dan, I sure appreciated you taking the time to let Uncle Wilfred get a great photo of that rig. "It sure made my day". In fact when I look that at that picture these days, it still makes my day.

^^^ In regard to reply # 13 page 1... the Childs Restaurant was a 42 E 14 St & was there Corporate HQ.

nfd2004 said:
JohnnyGage said:
Not certain, but I did a quick look-see on Kitty Kelly Shoes...there was a KK shoestore on 40 E 14th Street, might be where the photo was taken.
BTW; this was my "office" for seven years as LCC, photo credit to Mr. Willy!

Screenshot-2019-01-19-13-37-43-1.png

Yes, the chaffer of Ladder 5 at the time was FDNYs FF Johnny Gage. That was the first time I met "Mr Gage", aka Dan P., about 20 years ago. Dan, I sure appreciated you taking the time to let Uncle Wilfred get a great photo of that rig. "It sure made my day". In fact when I look that at that picture these days, it still makes my day.

Me too, it is a special photo...And the coincidence was both my friend and Willy's friend...both their eagle eyes were wondering why the chauffeur had a light blue shirt on, as only officers wore the light blue shirt...that led my friend to contact me and ask if I was familiar with the photo. After looking at it I was, we were returning from the training school when we were flagged down by Mr. Willy. My friend asked, "why was the boss ( light blue shirt) driving the rig? I said he wasn't, it was me wearing my faded blue chauffeur denim jacket!...what a difference a "click" makes!

I'm blessed for that few seconds of meeting Mr. Willy, and now a part of this network!.....small world....

You got it Mike, that's a much better pic...thanks! (This rig may have been the first rig to mount the metal #5 on the front of the cab.)

Screenshot-2019-07-07-14-20-36-1.png