LAFD To Purchase First Electric Fire Engine In North America

This is the new “clean cab” concept. Masks are carried in an outside compartment and donned after you arrive on scene. I am all for cancer risk reduction etc. but my opinion is this is going too far. Rinse the mask after use. Keep it in cab. Arrive on scene ready to make entry JMO.

Bulldog

Bulldog
Where does the SCBA go? I noticed all the seats in the cab do not have the built-in spot for the bottles. Also, this could just be me, but it seems there's hardly any room for a substantial length of hose on this "rig".
Well, it doesn't need SCBA because it's not going to fight fires. It's just a feel-good rig to show off! Also, I don't know about everybody else but it looks more like a bus than it does a fire truck!

Again, I have no oar in the fire service water, but I can't help but wonder about the concept of doing away with fossil fuel vehicles and replacing them with electrics. Look at California and Texas in today's world: a relatively minor interruption in the electric supply (if you can call a hurricane or a major forest fire "minor") to millions of people suggests that we do NOT have electric generating capacity to reliably support demand in today's world, yet we are legislating that the demand be increased vastly with the advent of electric vehicles. No one seems to be addressing this situation, just as no one seems to be considering that building thousands of windmills to generate electricity is removing HUGE amounts of energy from the atmosphere. What will the effect of this energy exchange do to our weather? Or are we already seeing that in the extreme weather we have been experiencing. Anyone who has taken a high school physics class knows that you can't take energy from source 1 to feed source 2 without having an effect on source 1.

Where does the SCBA go? I noticed all the seats in the cab do not have the built-in spot for the bottles. Also, this could just be me, but it seems there's hardly any room for a substantial length of hose on this "rig".
They were masking up out of the cab.

Again, I have no oar in the fire service water, but I can't help but wonder about the concept of doing away with fossil fuel vehicles and replacing them with electrics. Look at California and Texas in today's world: a relatively minor interruption in the electric supply (if you can call a hurricane or a major forest fire "minor") to millions of people suggests that we do NOT have electric generating capacity to reliably support demand in today's world, yet we are legislating that the demand be increased vastly with the advent of electric vehicles. No one seems to be addressing this situation, just as no one seems to be considering that building thousands of windmills to generate electricity is removing HUGE amounts of energy from the atmosphere. What will the effect of this energy exchange do to our weather? Or are we already seeing that in the extreme weather we have been experiencing. Anyone who has taken a high school physics class knows that you can't take energy from source 1 to feed source 2 without having an effect on source 1.
Good for you raybrag! Studies have shown that air pollution increases downwind from large windmill farms after extraction of kinetic energy.
Your observation of the second law of thermodynamics is what has us all chasing entropy.

Bulldog

Bulldog
I have noticed while watching some LAFD videos on youtube that the scba's are in compartments. When they get to the scene they mask up then.
I'm sure that's part of the effort to reduce contamination of the firefighters compartment.

I have noticed while watching some LAFD videos on youtube that the scba's are in compartments. When they get to the scene they mask up then.
Reduce contamination and they had several cases of members slipping and falling out of the cab while attempting to leave the cab. I can't laugh, I've done the same.

We drive past the Rivian plant in Normal weekly for my wife's bible study class. They have a parking lot full of Amazon delivery vehicles, the ones that have a blue rear door. However because of the range problems and difficulty in finding electric hook-ups they are usually shipped out with 2 per lowboy.