LODD CLEVELAND FF JOHNNY TETRICK KILLED BY HIT&RUN MOTORIST

mack

Administrator
Sunday, Nov. 20, 2022 — Cleveland — On November 19, 2022, at approximately 8:15 p.m., Cleveland Firefighters Engine 22 responded to I-90 East at Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard Drive for a motor vehicle crash involving a flipped vehicle. During the response, a Cleveland Firefighter was struck by a vehicle. The driver of the suspect vehicle fled the scene. Firefighter Johnny Tetrick was transported to University Hospital where he was pronounced deceased.

At approximately 12:20 a.m., Cleveland Police officers located the suspect vehicle at East 152nd Street and Ridpath Avenue. The suspect was taken into custody by Bratenahl PD in connection with aggravated vehicular homicide and failure to stop after an accident on public roads or highways.

Firefighter Johnny Tetrick served with the Cleveland Division of Fire for over 27 years, most of that time he spent assigned to Engine 22 on the city’s east side. He is survived by his family, including three children.

“I am saddened to learn of the death of Cleveland firefighter Johnny Tetrick and extend my sincere condolences to his family, friends, and fellow firefighters,” said Mayor Justin M. Bibb. “Firefighter Tetrick was a professional and dedicated first responder and a much-loved member of his family and his community. Please keep all of them in your thoughts and prayers.”

1669013052628.png

Last edited:

mack

Administrator
Last edited:
So damn senseless! What the hell was so important for the perp to ignore the signs of first responders at work. I hope he get either no bail or a high amount and no plea deals from the DA, he does every second of his sentence!

So damn senseless! What the hell was so important for the perp to ignore the signs of first responders at work. I hope he get either no bail or a high amount and no plea deals from the DA, he does every second of his sentence!
It's getting ridiculous and not just with emergency vehicles. All over the place pedestrians are getting hit and sometimes killed by reckless hit and run drivers.