Major MVA on BQE from 2/20?

Hey NYC ! So I was driveing home from Queens this past Saturday{EDIT: at around 1245AM-1AM}, about almost to the Verrazano but suddenly it was like entering a parking lot. After about 5 minutes waiting in the backround 202/101 was trying desperatly to get through along with various other NYPD ESU trucks and buses. Numerous rigs were comeing in BK/Queens bound so at this point people had there cars in park and got out (looked like the scene from the movie knowing, minus the crashing 747 ). They had all lanes closed SI bound side, and 1 lane open going into BK/Queens. After about an hour 1 lane was opened, and after driveing past what seemed to be the heart incident it looked like a 6 car pileup ! Anyone have any info, tht'd be awsome ! Thanks all.

B

Bigandy

I heard this. Not sure who was assigned, just heard an engine reporting a 5 car pileup.

Ahh so it was 5 ? I couldnt tell from all the chaos lol, I thought I saw 6. Hope everyone made it out ok !

B

Bigandy

The preliminary was 5, not sure how many. Coulda been more. Sounded like it was a mess though  :-\