MDT & iPad in Rigs

Unless I’m mistaken, Fire apparatus (not sure of EMS units) have both an iPad and an MDT. What is the difference in what they’re used for? I believe the MDT gets the runs, CIDS, etc. Not sure of the iPad. Also, does either provide driving directions/GPS? Thanks in advance.

Unless I’m mistaken, Fire apparatus (not sure of EMS units) have both an iPad and an MDT. What is the difference in what they’re used for? I believe the MDT gets the runs, CIDS, etc. Not sure of the iPad. Also, does either provide driving directions/GPS? Thanks in advance.
Staff Chiefs, and Rescues have phones they do provide directions pretty much the same thing. It shows everything. It’s pretty much a copy of the ticket.

As far as im aware all of the 2020 and 2019 spec vehicles have them, they provide (basically a gps) directions to the chauffeur assuming thats what your talking about. 20220920_163527.jpg

The typical setup of having both is the MDT displays CAD notes and Run info for officer to review as well as the status buttons while
The IPad allows for simultaneous map reading , hydrant layers, and navigation, they can be tandemed so that the iPad displays the routing and hydrant info for the particular run that the company is responding to

Took this in Manhattan last Wednesday morning Batt 9 working at 501th Ave. Was a class 3 alarm with a second source reporting a fire in the 5th floor of a storage facility. Sprinklers knocked it down.

Wasn't close enough to see what he had on the screen.

Attachments

• Photo_1673467563791.jpg
    Photo_1673467563791.jpg
    365.8 KB · Views: 64

dan

The response tickets are totally different then the Incident Command App on the Ipads and phones.....Share the same data but totally separate systems and use.

The ipads and Iphones have the incident command app. It was an app designed internally hooked up the cad system. Chiefs can draw or take a photo of a buildings and drag the assigned companies to where in the building they are operating. You can click on a company and see the riding list. Satellite views, citizen app etc available on it.

Something interesting undiscovered at the 4th alarm a couple of days ago, the iPads can connect to the CTUs Drone and see what it is seeing, I didnt happen to get a picture of it though.