Midtown 1977 War Years

The War Years Rigs and gear. Still my favorite. But my question is: "does anybody know how the late Pat Brown was injuried at that job". It appears he does have an FDNY T-shirt on which was worn by members in those days. Maybe Pat Brown was already on the job at that time ? Was that video made in the 80s ?

I just can't put two and two together on this. But I enjoyed the video.

nfd2004 said:
The War Years Rigs and gear. Still my favorite. But my question is: "does anybody know how the late Pat Brown was injuried at that job". It appears he does have an FDNY T-shirt on which was worn by members in those days. Maybe Pat Brown was already on the job at that time ? Was that video made in the 80s ?

According to a Google search, the fire occurred in the Everard Baths at 28 W. 28th St. on May 25, 1977. This fire at box 661 went to a fourth alarm.

http://books.google.com/books?id=ubGf6Z15CiIC&pg=PA156&lpg=PA156&dq=Everard+bath+house+fire+1975+manhattan&source=bl&ots=Jh9Y52-Jta&sig=8Z2MGb_pgay5io_zMyJqxkweyEE&hl=en&ei=hGjES_HLHcL78AaI5aSsDw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=7&ved=0CBYQ6AEwBg#v=onepage&q&f=false

Pat Brown was a member of the N.Y. Fire Patrol prior to his entering F.D.N.Y.. according to the website: http://paddybrown.org/Paddy_Brown_s_Biography.html

"... on December 17th, 1977 Paddy was appointed to the New York City Fire Department. Now began the career of this legendary NYC Firefighter. His first assignment was Ladder 26."

He was as nice a man as you would ever want to meet ... a great Firefighter and Fire Officer.

Andy,I have a bunch of these clips too, but didn't wanna put them up due to copyright (since I think they are still available) watch Adv. don't IM ya.

nfd2004 said:

It appears to be a 1 on his left breast! Fire Patrol 1 maybe? :-\ :-\ :-\

B

Bigandy

Pat Brown (Fire Patrol at this time) was credited with rescuing someone at this job, but while in the process was probably injured. The narrator says 1975, but I'm pretty sure its 1977.

Yeah I agree r1smokeeater. I have this whole catalog and a whole bunch more on VHS, and I'd rather not get sued by any other fire buffs  ;D

69 METS said:
[/quoteAccording to a Google search, the fire occurred in the Everard Baths at 28 W. 28th St. on May 25, 1977. This fire at box 661 went to a fourth alarm.
Pat Brown was a member of the N.Y. Fire Patrol prior to his entering F.D.N.Y.. according to the website: http://paddybrown.org/Paddy_Brown_s_Biography.html
"... on December 17th, 1977 Paddy was appointed to the New York City Fire Department. Now began the career of this legendary NYC Firefighter. His first assignment was Ladder 26."
He was as nice a man as you would ever want to meet ... a great Firefighter and Fire Officer.
  Thanks "69Mets" that would explain it. I do remember hearing Pat Brown also worked at Fire Patrol 1 before going on the FDNY. "24/48" that explains the 1 on the t-shirt. Thanks for your help guys.

Whatis the title of that dvd that this clip is from? I have a bunch but don't remember that one.  thanks

B

Bigandy

I think it's called 'War Years #2'. It's the second volume in the series of 3.