Nashville,TN Update On Fire Department(fully-staffed & 81 new fire trucks & ambulances)

Lip service, still no reserve apparatus and at a minimum 5 companies short in need. You have truck companies having to travel 5-8 miles in first due areas with 2nd due truck even farther. Traffic is horrendous at non peak times.

Lip service, still no reserve apparatus and at a minimum 5 companies short in need. You have truck companies having to travel 5-8 miles in first due areas with 2nd due truck even farther. Traffic is horrendous at non peak times.
I was in Nashville for my first time last night and you aren't kidding about the traffic. We made our way all through town but especially downtown my wife and I both commented on how bad it would be to get an ambulance through there let alone an engine or truck.

I was in Nashville for my first time last night and you aren't kidding about the traffic. We made our way all through town but especially downtown my wife and I both commented on how bad it would be to get an ambulance through there let alone an engine or truck.
Depending on which way you are headed, I40, I24, I65 East West or North and South, it could add an hour just to go 20 miles.