Nassau County Executive wants to deputize select gun owners

He says they will be called up during emergencies and will protect Hospitals, Places of worship and Power Plants. They have already passed training, made up of Retired Law Enforcement and Veterans, they will be paid $150 a day.

This also comes in the same month where the State Senate pushed a bill to outlaw the sale of ALL Pistols statewide.

He says they will be called up during emergencies and will protect Hospitals, Places of worship and Power Plants. They have already passed training, made up of Retired Law Enforcement and Veterans, they will be paid $150 a day.

This also comes in the same month where the State Senate pushed a bill to outlaw the sale of ALL Pistols statewide.
I live in Georgia and they talked about this as well.

Things are a little different around here. On the radio you can hear ads for in-door shooting ranges with lunch hour specials or new and improved concealed carry holsters. My personal favorite is Texas Law Shield. They provide legal representation after the gun smoke clears. Their motto: "Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six".

Things are a little different around here. On the radio you can hear ads for in-door shooting ranges with lunch hour specials or new and improved concealed carry holsters. My personal favorite is Texas Law Shield. They provide legal representation after the gun smoke clears. Their motto: "Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six".
I use the US Law Shield. It cost me a small amount for the piece of mind having lawyers to contact in a situation. If I'm in a real jam its Evan Nappen. I live in NJ so even coming face to face with someone in my own house I'll have to defend myself for taking them out. Castle doctrine or not the legit gun owner is the enemy of the state here.

I can see this working oh so well. Hopefully it dies in committee before even seeing the light of day. This is a country of law and order and deputizing random citizens, no matter how "well trained" is going to lead to very ugly results.

I can see this working oh so well
It might go sideways eventually. But lets just see how it goes for now. The majority of the county goverment is Demorcat. So they have a decent chance of getting rid of the program unless they just wait until the results come in and see how well it goes.

So if there is a need for more PD in Nassau then hire them.....look at the Nassau FD situation.....should have been a paid Dept long ago.
To me it looks like there trying to save funding but at the same time trying to increase the presence of police in the county. So basically, its kicking the can down the road and not wanting to pay for stuff.