Nassau County Hwy Officer Involved In Major MVA

I know this Forum is mostly for FD Related Incidents But Can I please post....
Around 23:00 02/04/2011 A NCPD HWY Unit was involved in a major accident on the L.I.E W/B @ EXIT 39
The officer made a routine traffic stop & was sitting in his RMP writing a ticket to a box truck he had just pulled over. A truck carring a delivery of cars either did not see the RMP & the pulled over box truck ( Pulled over to the right side of the shoulder ) and slammed right into the RMP & the box truck, The truck carring the cars Overturned & landed on top of the NCPD RMP. Units arrived on scene only to notice that it was one of their own, NCPD dispatched ESU,FD,Aviation,& NCPD HWY Supervisor Fourthwith. They also req a heavy duty tow truck to the scene to lift the truck off of the RMP. After several minutes they gave aviation & the heavy duty tow a disregard. FD & ESU Managed to free the officer and transported him to the hospital.

This comes weeks after the new law went into effect regarding emergency vehicles.

MAY HE REST IN PEACE AND GOD COMFORT
THE FAMILY HE LEAVES BEHIND. 

- STAY SAFE OUT THERE -

RIP. I was listening to this as they were transporting. Closing off streets and blocking traffic. Bad news.