NEW BOOK RELEASED - A FIREFIGHTERS JOURNAL

A FIREFIGHTERS JOURNAL - Thirty Seven Years on the Firegrounds and in the Firehouses of Philadelphia - by Robert John Marchisello was released last week.  It is available through Amazon.  From the back cover " A Firefighter's Journal is a gritty glimpse into the true nature of firefighting - an account that delves deep beyond the sirens, flashing lights, and shiny red engines.  Compelled by OCD, Marchisello kept a detailed journal from his very first day of training as a nervous recruit until his last emotional night in the firehouse.  The author incorporates memoirs and excerpts from his journal to describe the brutal, physically demanding, and at times, horrific business of firefighting, as well as the drama, politics, and comical moments that take place behind the red doors.  Exciting, touching, terrifying, hilarious, tragic, and sometimes revolting, A Firefighter's Journal touches on everything from the promotional process to aging in a "young person's job.  Ride along to the myriad emergencies firefighter's handle, from blazes to decomposing bodies to being caught in a terrifying gunfight.  You'll never look at a passing fire engine the same way again."  Bobby Marchisello was an outstanding fire officer, a guy who was always there.   

Thank you Chief for passing this onto us. Something that I sure do look forward to reading.

I've been to Philadelphia a few times, including a couple of buff/photo trips back in the 1980s. I had a friend who was also a buff and became a Federal Firefighter. We were volunteer firefighters together. He was living in Trevose, Pa at the time, but has since passed away. His first name was Raoul and "johnd248" knew him as well. He would send me pictures of Philadelphia rigs and jobs.

A Firefighters Journal will be at the top of my Amazon list. (Amazon price $15.77)

Also a FDNY book just recently came out called: "Scenes from a War". Plenty of pictures from back in the day of the FDNY War Years.

nfd2004 said:
Thank you Chief for passing this onto us. Something that I sure do look forward to reading.

I've been to Philadelphia a few times, including a couple of buff/photo trips back in the 1980s. I had a friend who was also a buff and became a Federal Firefighter. We were volunteer firefighters together. He was living in Trevose, Pa at the time, but has since passed away. His first name was Raoul and "johnd248" knew him as well. He would send me pictures of Philadelphia rigs and jobs.

A Firefighters Journal will be at the top of my Amazon list. (Amazon price $15.77)

Also a FDNY book just recently came out called: "Scenes from a War". Plenty of pictures from back in the day of the FDNY War Years.

http://mtpublishing.com/index.php/default/scenes-from-a-war-the-new-york-city-fire-department.html#.WjMJEiMrKi4

https://www.amazon.com/Firefighters-Journal-Thirty-Seven-Firegrounds-Philadelphia/dp/1976325285/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1513294666&sr=1-1&refinements=p_27%3ARobert+Roberts