New foam tankers

Bulldog

Bulldog
Nice looking trucks!  I wonder why the front of the body is extended with the aluminum diamond plate above the back of the cab?  It seems like that would personally block the view of the light bar from the rear.  How many of these were purchased?

Are these going to replace the foam tender or the form carriers or both?

BCR

Looks like the converted Mack pumpers are looking at there final days, they must be tired, looks like they will get plenty of years out of these

FDNYTRUCKScom said:
The FDNY on the bumper is Hideous.  should be a plainer font with just the Unit Designation

Yeah, the rig probably won't work as well with that lettering.....

Bulldog

Bulldog
FDNYTRUCKScom said:
The FDNY on the bumper is Hideous.  should be a plainer font with just the Unit Designation
Fortunately how well the trucks operate is based on how they look and looks and really a major consideration when FDNY buys equipment!

FDNYTRUCKScom said:
I think a lot of the lettering on our Rigs is overdone (as well as some other add ons) but i really think major lettering should read "FIRE" rather than "FDNY" which may be more readily understood by those not entirely fluent in English JMO. 

Bulldog

Bulldog
68jk09 said:
I think a lot of the lettering on our Rigs is overdone (as well as some other add ons) but i really think major lettering should read "FIRE" rather than "FDNY" which may be more readily understood by those not entirely fluent in English JMO.
If you can't tell what the truck is in that you should get out of the way by looking at the truck and have to rely on the lettering you are lost anyway!

I think only 5 were ordered so its safe to assume 1 per boro??, if thats the case what about the boro that had 2 of them

68jk09 Chief I agree  with you 100 percent on the lettering.  We should go with FIRE as first line and directly under neath company number on both front doors. company number on roof okay also with the use of air recon chief. That lettering is damn expensive and the money saved could be spent on more important things.  Secondly, I am also getting a big kick out of all the posts ref to the new foam tankers regarding the lettering on the front bumper. That lettering has not a damn thing to do with how the truck will perform its intended purpose on the fire ground. If the powers what be want to piss away the money on lettering and it makes them happy so be it. There is nothing that we can do about it. In regards to it, and a lot of other things going on today,  PRACTICAL SENSE has taken a back seat. It does not seem to exist any more.  Just the humble opinion of an 83 year ord has been. The kids today know better !!!

What size tank do these tankers have? Also will these be replacing all of the currant foam apparatus including the foam tender? How will these new tankers be place throughout the city?

Have these 2 foam units been assigned yet and if so to what companies,also are there any more of these units on order..Thanks

dan

The first 2 are going to Staten Island supposedly and the remaining 3 citywide.....They are grant funded and training will begin after the new year.......1500 gallons of AFFF gold.....

BCR

Does that end up replacing all the current foam units besides the foam tender ? I can't remember how many they have. 2 were lost on SI during Sandy right ?

BCR

No, these are replacing the 87/88 mack cf pumpers that were converted to carry 1000 gals of foam s