New Heavy Rescue-Hazmat ferrara

Hmmm anyone knows what this could be?? Spare,reserve or something else. 

Attachments

• DSC06439.JPG
    DSC06439.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 3,713
If its New i cant see it going as Spare or Reserve. I know when speaking with a Haz Mat FF last week it came up about a Haz Mat 2. He said it had been talked about before but nothing came of it.

He said that due to their Citywide response area that most times they are turned around en route as Cos on scene can deal with especially smaller incidents

With that said cant see the city splashing out the $$$ to crew another HazMat

I know that hazmat 1 second piece is out of service. i dont know if that is it with another problem.

Lotta money going to EMS, wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be another MERV-type unit.

In2theJob said:
I saw hazmat with their new 2nd piece at the Rock yesterday.  It is back in service

There rigs are being blessed in the next wk or so we were told from our visit. The Joke was that the Ferrara Mechanic will be invited along also as their rig might be OOS so they'll bless him instead lol

What makes everyone so sure that's a Hazmat, or a Ferrara?  The seating configuration in the back looks like an Engine.  it's not a Ferrara Ultra Cab, the step is too far to the back.  Well, it's not a rear-mount that is.  Who knows.....configuration looks like seats in the center facing forward.

JohnnyBopp said:
What makes everyone so sure that's a Hazmat, or a Ferrara?  The seating configuration in the back looks like an Engine.  it's not a Ferrara Ultra Cab, the step is too far to the back.  Well, it's not a rear-mount that is.  Who knows.....configuration looks like seats in the center facing forward.

Johnny its on the Ferrara Website in production aling with the Medium Rescues. Its labled as Heavy Rescue HazMat on a Ultra Custom Chassis

http://www.ferrarafire.com/CustomerSupport/InProduction/InProduction.html

Bulldog

Bulldog
Listed right above that unit are several medium duty units also for FDNY, I wonder if those are going to be the second pieces for the Squads?  If not I'm not sure what else they would be unless the rescues are going to get another piece.

IRISH said:
JohnnyBopp said:

Johnny its on the Ferrara Website in production aling with the Medium Rescues. Its labled as Heavy Rescue HazMat on a Ultra Custom Chassis

Yeah, I see that now.

FYI, I did see HazMat's second piece yesterday.  The cab configuration looks the same.  I'm thinking that Squad second pieces is a good guess.

JohnnyBopp said:
IRISH said:
JohnnyBopp said:

Would a Heavy Rescue style body fit in with Squads into their House's?

Yeah, I see that now.

FYI, I did see HazMat's second piece yesterday.  The cab configuration looks the same.  I'm thinking that Squad second pieces is a good guess.

BCR

I don't think anyone has mentioned it yet, but the squad 1 TRV must be due for replacement, those other medium rescues there building with the freightliner chassis, looks like there are 6 of them. One of these and six of those could be the seven squads but just guessing and speculating

also saw on the Ferrara site 2 completed units that looked like HazMat second units, both were marked HazMat Co 1. This might be a third MazMat Unit to be stationed somewhere else in the city.

dan

The Squads and E165 are getting new 2nd pieces of a more rescue style design then a utility design. These are them. Unsure if 44, 250 and 274 are getting them also.

With the "virus that shall not be named" so much in the news, that Hazmat company 2 might not be so far fetched of an idea any more.

Soc Support Ladders are now in the mix if a suspected patient needs a "Carry Down" since they have suits on their Second piece....Line Units also going to additional training for the latest suits & procedures.

If this New Ferrara heavy rescue is meant to be a second piece for a Haz-Mat Engine, why is a custom cab needed with extra seating? I think it would be cheaper and make more sense to design the haz-mat engine company second pieces like the Squad second pieces. Just wondering......

Bulldog

Bulldog
bstan270 said:
If this New Ferrara heavy rescue is meant to be a second piece for a Haz-Mat Engine, why is a custom cab needed with extra seating? I think it would be cheaper and make more sense to design the haz-mat engine company second pieces like the Squad second pieces. Just wondering......
I wondered the same thing.  The only possible reason I could think for building it was a crew cab is if they have thoughts of heaven the second piece respond by itself with a full crew for hazmat incidents.