New Rescues in Production

Bulldog

Bulldog
Mind boggling to me that it has been over TWO YEARS since these trucks started being constructed and all 5 are still not delivered and/accepted.
It's just a combination of extensive specification, the NYC purchasing system, the quality of work done by the apparatus builder and the acceptance process by FDNY. The only unit purchased recently that seem to fly through the system was the new "Super Pumper", for some reason it was delivered (I don't know if it was accepted yet or not) quite quickly after the purchase order was issued.

It's just a combination of extensive specification, the NYC purchasing system, the quality of work done by the apparatus builder and the acceptance process by FDNY. The only unit purchased recently that seem to fly through the system was the new "Super Pumper", for some reason it was delivered (I don't know if it was accepted yet or not) quite quickly after the purchase order was issued.
That because from I'm told its not an fdny spec truck.

I've seen two years from bidding to delivery in the past, but were talking two years of actual construction with these rigs.

Most manufacturers will quote at least a 365 day build time (time of order to delivery). Some are closer to 14 months. Pierce for example has 3 different build lanes based on the type of rig (8 month/10 month/12 month). I know KME was over 400 days last I heard. Not sure about Ferrara. Ferrara also has a service facility in NJ where they can perform warranty service. I think they also have new deliveries pass through there. Might want to post up in the bushes to see if any of the other rigs are there yet :)

Bulldog

Bulldog
That because from I'm told its not an fdny spec truck.
That's interesting as well as being quite strange for FDNY. I guess maybe in this situation they thought that the industrial plants that use rigs like this know what they're talking about? It will be interesting to see how it's used and what the future for it in vehicles like it are for FDNY.

Most manufacturers will quote at least a 365 day build time (time of order to delivery). Some are closer to 14 months. Pierce for example has 3 different build lanes based on the type of rig (8 month/10 month/12 month). I know KME was over 400 days last I heard. Not sure about Ferrara. Ferrara also has a service facility in NJ where they can perform warranty service. I think they also have new deliveries pass through there. Might want to post up in the bushes to see if any of the other rigs are there yet :)
If it is the place where the ambulances have passed through over the past couple of years that would be Campbell supply in south brunswick NJ and it is best seen from the truck lanes of the NJ turnpike heading north (just north of exit 8a)

If it is the place where the ambulances have passed through over the past couple of years that would be Campbell supply in south brunswick NJ and it is best seen from the truck lanes of the NJ turnpike heading north (just north of exit 8a)
The shop is located at 120 Industrial Ave in Little Ferry NJ.

What place do they use in NJ now that the new rigs go to before the FDNY gets them?

What place do they use in NJ now that the new rigs go to before the FDNY gets them?
I should have clarified, the Ferrara service shop is located at 120 Industrial Ave in Little Ferry NJ. As far as I know it is a satellite shop for the Ferrara factory to handle warranty work and many northeast deliveries pass through there for final prep work before being delivered. I think it was opened around the time they got the FDNY aerial contracts to handle their warranty work. Not sure how it works now since REV bought out Ferrara and opened a consolidated parts depot down in Florida.

New Rescue 2 has been delivered to Qtrs... Doesn't look like it's in service yet

the fdny rig contract calls for a satellite repair shop within x miles from NYC. So as long as the warranty are still in effect they have to maintain that facility
When the KME pumpers were placed intro service they also opened 2 satellite repair shops in New Jersey

This Picture was posted on NewYorkAction_ AKA Andre Rivera Instagram page
Rescue 4 Spare now on SOC Island

574EFD69-D5BF-4103-9EAB-46259E4AB0B8.jpeg

Rescue 4 spare was supposed to be stored at E-251 put it was determined the the rig was to heavy for the apparatus floor , so now it’s outside at SOC Island ....not the best location. It just goes to support of the need for R-4 to get their own new CENTRALLY located firehouse in their borough. They have outgrown Queens Blvd years ago. They need a firehouse like R-3 &R-2 have.

Rescue 4 spare was supposed to be stored at E-251 put it was determined the the rig was to heavy for the apparatus floor , so now it’s outside at SOC Island ....not the best location. It just goes to support of the need for R-4 to get their own new CENTRALLY located firehouse in their borough. They have outgrown Queens Blvd years ago. They need a firehouse like R-3 &R-2 have.
Yeah not to many houses they could put it at in Queens....

E319 floor prob not the best for that
E262 if they didn’t have that IMT rig
SQ270 possible behind the Div

Does FDNY still own Ladder 116 old house?