New Rescues in Production

L20 is not the same as it was. When L8 moved there they built a quarters on that side. They left it so now RAC Manager and Rebreather guys have a office. That side has the Rebreather and RAC Manager and is very tight. L20 side has RAC 6 and Division.
Is that the side that used to have Ambulance 1 back in the day when the Medical Offices where up stairs

***SUPER EXCLUSIVE AND THE VERY 1ST VIDEO OF THE BRAND NEW 2019 FDNY RESCUE 1 COMING IN FOR GENERAL INSPECTION***

🚒🚒🚒🚒🚒🚒🚒🚒🚒🚒🚒🚒🚒🚒🚒🚒🚒🚒🚒🚒🚒🚒🚒🚒🚒🚒🚒🚒🚒🚒🚒🚒🚒🚒

Bulldog

Bulldog
You have to wonder for the next round of Rescues what they will do, since these from Ferrara have taking forever to get into service, they were ordered over 2 years ago. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like anybody else really want to bid on the contract for them. I wonder if they could talk Seagrave into building a rescue?

You have to wonder for the next round of Rescues what they will do, since these from Ferrara have taking forever to get into service, they were ordered over 2 years ago. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like anybody else really want to bid on the contract for them. I wonder if they could talk Seagrave into building a rescue?

Last I heard Seagrave won’t bid on the rescues. They took a little longer due to COVID I am told from shops.

Last I heard Seagrave won’t bid on the rescues. They took a little longer due to COVID I am told from shops.

I believe it was said before, FDNY requires a sole manufacture and Seagrave doesn’t make a full rescue, they make the cab and chassis but not the rescue box? That’s why they haven’t and don’t bid on the rescues? I could be wrong.

When did that come to be? Rescues have always been cab and chassis by one manufacturer and the box by another I.e. Mack/Pierce, Mack/Salisbury, E-One/Salisbury, etc. If Seagrave can produce a decent rig so be it.

Last edited:
When did that come to be? Rescues have always been cab and chassis by one manufacturer and the box by another I.e. Mack/Pierce, Mack/Salisbury, E-One/Salisbury, etc. If Seagrass can produce a decent rig so be it.
think they stopped after rescue 1 getting the full pierce arrow xt

When did that come to be? Rescues have always been cab and chassis by one manufacturer and the box by another I.e. Mack/Pierce, Mack/Salisbury, E-One/Salisbury, etc. If Seagrass can produce a decent rig so be it.

I’m unsure, this is just repeated, I want to say I read It from a reliable source, I do know and just verified E-Ones parent company purchased Salisbury fire trucks in 1998. Only on a technicality the 2002’s were single source?

Bulldog

Bulldog
I'm sure the single source approach if it exists is due to the strict warranty requirements of FDNY. That way if there is a problem they only have to go to 1 company instead of having 2 pointing fingers each other. The rescue they got from Pierce after 911 was single source but from what I've heard they don't want to bid on a FDNY contract, too bad, it seemed like everyone in like that rig.

I believe the FDNY requires a stainless steel cab and body. Not too many builders do that. Most only offer stainless bodies. The only ones I know of are Seagrave(all lines), KME (Severe Service) and Ferrara (Ultra) although I think Ferrara may have dropped the Ultra chassis since it's not listed on their site anymore. Yonkers just went with an Inferno chassis on the new Squad 11 after using the Ultra's for a few years. Pierce doesn't offer a stainless cab and from what I've heard they have not interest in offering it.

I thought 1 of the Rescues was getting Blue and White Chevrons on the back? Also who has still NOT gotten a new Rescue yet?

According to the images and videos here R 1 has red / white chevrons, not blue and white.

Last edited: