New Rescues ?

I think we need new collapse rescue rigs and Decontamination rigs
as well as more hazmat companies and foam tenders

Could the additional numbers be for SOC? I'm not familiar with their fleet but on Mike Martinelli's SOC photo page there are a few early-2000s Macks and the donated "Spirit of Oklahoma" rig that if not already disposed of must be long in the tooth by now.
I believe the "Spirit of Oklahoma" Former F.DN.Y. Rescue 6 & Rescue Spare has been returned to Oklahoma.
Captain Bob Rainey FDNY Engine 26 Retired

I think we need new collapse rescue rigs and Decontamination rigs
as well as more hazmat companies and foam tenders
Decon Possible they already up 2 of them OOS

Hazmat Companies I don’t believe they are adding any that’s why they have the hazmat tech companies.

If you read the specs in the solicitation, it says "a tandem axle heavy duty rescue apparatus"... "front line apparatus subject to extensive use and the most severe service"... "capable of carrying a full equipment and personnel load", and the remainder of the specs seem to make it clear this is a truck in the style of the rescues (two person front cab, front and rear winches, one rear door, same or similar compartmentation as the rescues, etc). You can view the specs through the DCAS website. So unless I'm missing something, these are replacement rescues.
Is there a link to the specs and bid solicitation?

The specs states front and rear winches ….only rigs in the FDNY fleet that have front & rear winches are the rescues …so It has to be them. But like already stated , why 9.

Last edited: