New SPAAMFAA Book: "Made In New York"

The mail brought me a great new book today: "Made In New York: New York-Built Fire Apparatus", by Anthony Buono. It is a 376 page paper bound book depicting the history of the New York fire apparatus industry, beginning with a hand pumper built by Thomas Lote in New York City in 1743, and ending with the demise of Zwack, Inc. of Stephentown (1968-2002). It is chock full of photos from the SPAAMFAA archives, and is in my opinion a must-have for any serious student of fire apparatus history. It's available for $50 plus $5 shipping from SPAAMFAA at the web address below. All profits from the book will be used to support the SPAAMFAA archives. I heartily recommend it. By the way . . . you'll see a lot of familiar names in the photo credits (Jack Lerch, John Calderone, Michael Martinelli, etc.). Planned run is 1000 copies . . . so don't wait too long if you want it.

P.S. Just in case there is someone out there who doesn't know what "SPAAMFAA" is, it is The Society for the Preservation and Appreciation of Antique Motor Fire Apparatus in America.