New year 2024

I certainly wish ALL of the Members and Visitors to NYCFIRE.NET a Very HAPPY and Healthy New Year for 2024

I would like to give a very special THANK YOU to this web site owner, Retired FDNY Captain John Bendick "jbendick".
If it were not for him, none of us would be here.

For many of us here, because of this website, some many long term friendships have been started.
All of those friendships among us having the same or similar interest.

We have among us, some of the best people of todays society
We have both Active and Retired Firefighters, Police Officers, and Military Members

Our group consist of police, fire, and ems 911 dispatchers, both Active and Retired.

As this New Year, 2024 begins, I am very Thankful to our doctors, nurses, cna's, care givers, dentist and pharmacist.
Having spent a little time in the hospital this year, I am Very Thankful to ALL of those hospital staff, including the kitchen help and house keeping.
Together they Save Lives and Help the Sick and Injured behind every wall in ALL of Our Hospitals every single day.
THANK YOU

Let me also give a special Thank You to Our Utility Workers and Public Works Employees

Our Farmers, our Trash Pick Up, Our Truckers, Delivery Personnel, Store Employees, and those who Stock the Shelves.

We also have so many good people who donate their time to help others.

WHAT WOULD WE ALL DO WITHOUT THEM ?

Let me also THANK ALL OF YOU Who Have Contributed to this web site.
Maybe in rundowns, photos, videos.
News stories and events of interest to many of us.
Also, Sadly we read the names posted of those who have passed on in serving the citizens of New York City.

Quote from Our Site Owner "jbendick"
TEAM WORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.

The year 2023 has ended in 4th alarm fashion and 2024 has began in pace setting news.
We were at Mass yesterday, a much older woman parishioner passed by our pew.
The woman was exceptionally dressed and walked with incredible poise, my wife with eyes looking forward whispered to me "Stop caring? Never..!"
The was no explanation necessary.
I wish to share this story because even at my tender age, I'm going to add it to my mindset for 2024.
May the NYCfire.net members have a Happy and Healthy New Year.
Please be safe, be aware and look out for each other.