NYC*EMS breast bars

mercurygrandmarquis1 said:
did NYC*EMS use breast bars? and if they did what were they given out for and if anyone had pictures of them.

If your asking what I think you are about the bars that were worn above their badges then Yes, they were given out for pre-hospital saves and unit citations. I don't think baby bars were officially given out but they were worn. The pre-hospital (mcdonalds bars) save bars were red and yellow. The unit citations was a white bar with 2 thin orange stripes.

Here's a link to Station 31 I mean battalion 43. There's a badge setup near the bottom of the page.

http://coneyislandems.com/nycems.aspx

EMS still issues bars which are smaller in size compared to what PD has and EMS used to have. These bars are only worn on the Class A uniform and are placed just above where the badge would go. The light/blue with the eagle on top is the Life Saving medal and so on.

memory master said:
EMS still issues bars which are smaller in size compared to what PD has and EMS used to have. These bars are only worn on the Class A uniform and are placed just above where the badge would go. The light/blue with the eagle on top is the Life Saving medal and so on.
when the badge is worn on the Class A uniform is there a nameplate/shield holder on the summer blouse?

mercurygrandmarquis1 said:
memory master said:
when the badge is worn on the Class A uniform is there a nameplate/shield holder on the summer blouse?

Badges are not worn on the Class A uniform. Badges are for personal i.d. only. The name plate is worn on the right breast of the jacket.

JJFLOOD said:
What does the current EMS badge look like?

A bit difficult to explain....a white metal fluted maltese cross, sort of like a clam shell. The center of the badge is the seal of the City of New York with a blue enamel surrounding it . Imprinted on the top of the blue circle is either EMT or Paramedic. On the top part of the maltese is the badge number. Lt's and Capt's have the same only there is an eagle with wings spread on top. That's about the best I can describe it. Fire Officers have the same badges as EMS officers only the enamel circle on theirs is red.