NYC/NJ Area Tolls

Has anyone heard about some of the tolls at NYC/NJ bridges/tunnels going up almost double of what they are now ?

I don't think anyone's paycheck will be going up any time soon. Everything goes up except our incomes.

Thanks for the article L-103 (ret)

What a crooked system to charge that much for a trip through a crumbling and dirty structure

Here in Va. Beach we have the Chesapeake Bay-Bridge Tunnel as our only toll. It's 12 dollars each way and a 17 1/2 mile bridge-tunnel. It saves about 1 1/2 hours of driving versus another route. The entire structure is well maintained, clean and they have a very cooperative police force.

And Deano should know . . . his station is about 2 blocks from the entrance.  Just one minor addition:  If you're making a round trip on that bridge tunnel (within 24 hours), the return trip only costs you $5.00.  It's well worth the trip just for sightseeing.  And if you're REALLY lucky, there'll be an aircraft carrier coming or going right past you as you enter or leave the 1st tunnel.  ;) ;)

Ray is correct about the 24 hour round trip toll and the sights are awesome !. Also, there'a a restaraunt at one of the tunnels and you can use the fishing pier.

Deano, if I had any smarts, we'd probadly be neighbors. The cost of living here in the Tri State Region (N.Y., N.J., Ct) is way out of wack, compared to places like Virginia. I have a friend who moved to a small town there several years ago after retiring from the Bridgeport Fire Dept. He loves it, and sure doesn't miss Connecticut. So far at least we don't have any tolls, BUT that's coming.

That would be great if we were neighbors Willy D. !!!

Aside from the toll issue, and cost of living, Virginia does have it's weird ways

Deano, be careful what you ask for, right Elwood.........................LOL.

All can come south, its cheap but I don't want to hear any bitching! Frank, I have the photo, why not the real thing! 8)

CFDMarshal said:
All can come south, its cheap but I don't want to hear any bitching! Frank, I have the photo, why not the real thing! 8)
Alright, I'll drive him down otherwise he might get lost.......... ;D

Most of us know they're self-supporting. Being self-supportive is not a reason to mismanage and rip off the public

Illinois is rquesting a major tool increase, basic fare from one toll to another will be a buck-fifty Cash or I-PASS

Illinois tolls: The major north south tollway from WI to IN is 294, they kinda screw you from O'Hare to the southen suburbs, one  at O'Hare .80, one at 22 st .80 and one at 95 st .80. So basically to go from 4000N to 9500S is 2.40. .there are 2 E/W tollways, both are kinda reasonable, I88 going to Aurora and I90 going towards Rockford. The newest one is I355 going from Schamburg down towards I80, two bucks total and is well worth it. My company gives me a company car and I-PASS, a computer type credit card transponder. I try to be reasonable with it but no one has ever complained. One other thing, Wisconsin has no toll roads, Indiania has one I80 going border to border from IL to OH.

One more thing, one of the most desirable jobs on the tollway system is a collector. In the vernicular of FDNY you need a "hook" or a "rabbi" :D :D 8) :mad: ::) ::)