NYC VOLI RESPONSE

anesti said:
IzzyEng4 said:
What is going on with Aviation Co. 3 in the Bronx?  Are they in operation or are they defunct?

I "HEARD" but i dont know if its true that they will be building a new firehouse. But dont take my word for it

Lets hope not!!!!!!!  These guys have NO CLUE!!!!!  They will just get someone hurt or killed!!!!!!!!!!!!

with no rig and the article a while ago in the post with them selling everything on e bay i don see how they can reorganize. 

J

ja488

They still have the old LaFrance that was "damaged" on 9-11, and they bought one of Broad Channels old LaFrances.

Earlier in this discussion Hatzoloh was mentioned.  When I have seen them mentioned in other discussions, it seems that everyone is afraid of them.  Who are they, and why does it seem that they cant be touched?

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
They just do thier own thing, don't like to play in the big picture.

I was out in the Rockaways for the Plane crash and was assigned to a sector with them as the ALS unit.  Wasn't much going on and they just said we don't like here were going to do something else.  This is even with the EMS chief saying they were assigned to that sector and were the only ALS unit.

Bulldog said:
I haven't heard anything about Aviation getting a new firehouse but Broad Channel has one planned with Federal money approved but the DOT is presently stopping it.

Here's a link to another thread about it: Firehouse stopped by DOT

Bulldog, the City is STILL stopping our new firehouse.

I was a past member of Aviation 3 having grown up in Harding Park.  I served there from 1968 to the mid 70's when I moved to New Jersey.  I have been trying to get in contact with them over the past 2 years but have not received any replies.  I have spoken with a few past members, all of which are no longer living in the area and they have said that it would seem that they are no longer in service.  I can only guess that once the city had their building torn down the seem to have folded.  I have not been able to find a anyone who can shed official light on whats going on there.