Old story

Every once in while some Politician or Bean counter who has done nothing on their worthless life tries to make themselves important.
This is an old try to discredit the work and service FD’s do for the people .
In my one little contribution to their narrative did they consider I have had a dislocated knee, two broken vertebrae, and micro fractures to the knee. After working 30 yrs I have had to have surgery on my knee, two different hernia repairs, nasal surgery and chronic rinositus, COPD all9-11 exposure. And that never include the numerous burns, stains, cuts, sutures etc. Currently I am having epidural injections for pain from back ,stenosis related to previous break. I am not crying because I would do if all over agiain in a heart beat for I am one of the lucky ones. There are far more brothers worse than me. Let’s not forget the families who put up with nights, holidays, events we all missed in the never ending battle to keep our oath to protect!
Does anyone who writes this garbage ever consider the hoops and valleys we have to go through to prove our injuries. I don’t want to make this a political statement but I wish they would stop coming to our funerals and Medal days while looking at us ad just another expense. We have all seen our brother and sisters take the pain and do the Job!
Tax free pensions should be the norm not the story, it has been paid for in the blood and tears of a service to the community.

Last edited: