Randolph Mantooth aka:John Gage at the Meriden, Ct. FIRE FEST July 20th.

7/20/19 Randolph Mantooth aka:John Gage at the Meriden, Ct. FIRE FEST.  http://www.myrecordjournal.com/News/Meriden/Meriden-News/Fire-enthusiasts-descend-on-Meriden-hotel-for-annual-expo.html#gallery-1

Dan where you able to buy back your LA County time ? .....you must have been the youngest Member of SQ*51 ever.

I was the youngest member of Sq 51! I was a proby for over 10 years...here I am washing down the outside of Station 51...

Unfortunately for me, being so young, I requested to be paid in candy bars...now I'm seperating kids fighting at Disneyland to make ends meet!...go figure....

guitarman314 said:
  7/20/19 Randolph Mantooth aka:John Gage at the Meriden, Ct. FIRE FEST.  http://www.myrecordjournal.com/News/Meriden/Meriden-News/Fire-enthusiasts-descend-on-Meriden-hotel-for-annual-expo.html#gallery-1

Thank you Tom, "guitarman314" for posting this event. The Silver City Fire Fest is always well attended. It all started several years ago when a GREAT GUY named Mike Quinn, a fire buff, wanted to hold a yearly event for firefighters/buffs in Connecticut.

Mike is not only a buff, but he is also an attorney. I'm not sure now, but I think he was the Corporation Council for the City of Meriden, where he is very well respected by the members of the Meriden Fire Dept.

Now to add to the discussion a somewhat different side to this story.

Apparently while Johnny Gage was signing autographs, some guys were overheard as asking him a few questions.

1) Mr Gage, did you ever work for the NYC EMS in the busy Brownsville section of Brooklyn, NY ? - Answer "NO"

2) Mr Gage, did you ever work as a Firefighter in Washington, D.C. ? - Answer "NO"

3) Mr Gage, did you ever work as a Firefighter in the FDNY on Ladders 5, 31, 38, or 112 ? - Answer "NO"

4) Mr Gage, are you or were you ever a member of the Nycfire.net website ? - Answer "NO"

5) Mr Gage, have you ever written any stories called "Glory Days" ? - Answer - "NO"

6) Mr Gage, did you ever have anything to do with writing an article which contained numerous types of Fire Helmets that were referred to as Helmet Lids ? - Answer "NO"

7) Mr Gage, you state you were never a firefighter in your career, but you PLAYED a character as "a Firefighter" in a television series. Is that TRUE ? - Answer "YES"

8) Mr Gage, if you were NOT a Firefighter in Washington, DC or New York City, and never worked as an EMT in the very busy NYC EMS service, then what was your career ? Answer - "I was an actor playing a role as a L.A. County Firefighter/Paramedic in a show called "Emergency" during the 1970s. In fact I can prove it to you. Here I am, acting as Firefighter Johnny Gage in that T.V. Series.

Here you will see me, TV character Johnny Gage, as the show opens and closes. In the beginning around the 20 second mark.

Then later around the 55 second mark - as the Firefighter you see to your right.

Also around the One Minute mark.

Therefore based on these facts and the video below, "Could there be an imposter Johnny Gage on this site" ?. One that we have followed featuring many of his great stories and photos over the past several months.

Could there be the possibility of a stolen identity involved ?

But even if the Johnny Gage on this site is NOT the REAL Johnny Gage, we'll keep him anyway. Because no matter who he is, so many of us here enjoy reading his stories.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGLKXAJeASs

Did Johnny Gage have a crush on Julie London ? ......    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXjQtvCpSs8

Truth be told... we, I mean Johnny and I, were actually siamese twins!

Didn't have room to have a crush on Dixie, fighting oil truck fires and performing hi-angle rescues alone with my partner Roy, and of course Dr. Bracket was always hitting on her...and speaking of Julie, while you gents were gathering on the corner crooning "Donna, Donna the Prima Donna", Julie was banging out some smokey lounge tunes like "Cry me a River!"...no doubt Memory Master has her vinyl collection!

Well friends, I think this is what One Half of the Johnny Gage - Siamese twins is talking about.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuEzw4KB890

For "memory master", is this the one that Johnny is talking about ?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXg6UB9Qk0o 

By the way, Dr Brackett wasn't the only one who had a crush on "Nurse Dixie". I must admit, "I did too".

I remember telling my wife as we watched Emergency reruns that I once had a crush on "Nurse Dixie". She kind of smiled. Then she said to me that she once had a crush on Dr Brackett.

^^^^^and all the while, laid back Dr. Early, Julies real life husband, was having a grand ol' time...

51Z3mVG86ML._SX355_.jpg

Sorry "Johnny", I have only one "Julie London" recording in my library. "Cry Me A River," London Records 45 RPM #55006 which was released on November 12, 1955 which peaked at #9 and was on the Billboard Charts for 20 weeks. also featured on that recording were Barney Kessel on guitar and Ray Leatherwood on bass. Gayle Peck (aka Julie London) passed away on Oct. 18, 2000 from a CVA at the age of 74. Rest in peace "Julie" and thanks for all the audio and visual memories.